The Book of Life X ShadAmy

The Book of Life X ShadAmy:

He definitely didn't want to be the third wheel.

Especially he didn't want to be the third wheel for his best friend.

Who was currently dating his ex-girlfriend?

Shadow just didn't want to be there but Sonic promised him that if went, he was going to buy him coffee beans from Columbia for an entire year.

And so, he agreed.

Don't get him wrong, he wasn't in bad terms with Amy. Actually, he thought that they had ended things pretty well.

.

.

.

"I want to break up with you." Shadow had finally the courage to say those words. They had been living together for a few months but Shadow knew, she felt lonelier than ever.

"Ok"

.

.

.

What else was he supposed to say? It was a plain and simple 'OK' nothing more, nothing less. He knew that it was going to happen anyway. She was too good for him.

And he didn't deserve her.

And so now they are just friends.

Friends who are going to watch a movie together. 'The Book of Death' or something like that Sonic had told him. The title intrigued him as it is, and hopefully if everything went alright; Sonic would come out with a new girlfriend.

His ex-girlfriend.

Shadow arrived at the movie theater. He felt a bit uncomfortable, so many kids, parents, friends, couples...just too many people around. Shadow felt his heartbeat rise faster as his anxiety began to kick in.

'No...Not now'

"Shadow?"

He turned around to find Amy.

His heartbeat regulated slowly, as he tried not to look at her in the eyes. She wasn't wearing her regular red dress. She wore a light white blouse that showed her collarbones. Hand made engraving around it. A long red skirt that accommodated her figure perfectly. Tight in the hips and lose on the feet.

"You look...very...um..."

"Cultured? Enriched? Traditionally beautiful?"

"I was going to say Mexican, but yes," Shadow said a teasing a bit.

"If you had ever cared to ask you would have known that I am half Mexican, Shadow," Amy said obviously. Actually, to Shadow that made sense. Amy would sometimes sing Spanish songs while she cleaned the house. Shadow thought that she was just bilingual and never it too much thought about it.

"The movie is going to start soon, do you know where's Sonic?"

Amy changed the topic as soon as she realized that she had let her feelings get her.

"Let me text him."

Shadow pulled out his phone and realized Sonic had sent him a text message. He opened it and it read:

"Hey, Shadow I won't be able to make it today. Something came up. Can you tell Amy to please forgive me? I'll make it up to her. I'll get you your coffee beans so please do have a good time with her.