A Perfect Night

Many could argue that the night of January 3rd was perfect. It was a full moon and the stars twinkled in the night, the wind ran through the fields of flowers and tall grass. The city lights of Central City were bright and it was as lively as it could get. Couples, families, and friends were at total peace as they enjoyed the cold of the night.

But that wasn't the case for a pink and black hedgehog.

Shadow tried his best to keep drinking vodka in order to forget that he was about to make love to ugly Amy Rose. Awkwardly, they were sitting on the edge of a hotel bed, waiting to see who would take the first move.

"Do you ... want me?" Amy asked Shadow as her voice tremble and she had sincereness in her eyes.

How did they end up in this situation?

Shadow the Hedgehog was everything a Mobian ever wanted to be. From working at G.U.N with famous Team Dark to becoming top commander of the agency, Shadow was a hedgehog of many responsibilities.

And freedom.

He was a complete womanizer and rich. He was gifted in the looks department, skills and technique. Although he still kept that gloomy side of his, throughout the years, Shadow has learned to enjoy the little things in life.

With that came his passion for beautiful women. Shadow couldn't be tied down to one girl. He has never been in love before and he doesn't believe in it. He only cared for the small moments of pleasure the girls brought.

Ugly Amy Rose. When she was younger, everyone thought that Amy was going to grow into a beautiful hedgehog but to her dismay, she turned out to be quiet the opposite. At the age of 21, Amy was as ugly as it could get. Ugly Amy, they called her. She wore red round glasses as she had always needed them. Her hair was tied into a tight braid and she had braces on her teeth although it seemed she didn't longer need them. Her physic wasn't one many desired and she still wore her classic red dress.

When Shadow was named Commander of G.U.N., a lot of duties were given to him. He needed to fill out lots of paperwork and with that came the need to hire a secretary. That's when Amy came into the picture. At first, he wanted to hire a beautiful girl but sooner, he realized that that would include too much distraction. Shadow as well was known of Amy. She was there on the ARK, when the Black Arms attacked and many other world-saving missions along with Sonic and friends.

He trusted her and looking at her qualifications, he hired her.

She wasn't a problem. The problem was that Shadow is too conceited for his own good.

One night, he was drinking at a bar with his rival, Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic was Captain of the Resistance, another organization like G.U.N. which tried to create a better world for the Mobians.

"Let's make a bet!" Sonic said, he was drunk but not as much as Shadow.

"Bring it on!" Shadow tried to keep his eyes open. The bar had very dim lights, the music was soft and it was quiet overall, it made him sleepy.

"You have been with many beautiful girls! But you have never been with an ugly one," Sonic added. "So, this is my bet! You have to date Ugly Amy for two months and you need to make her fall in love with you."

"What?"

Since the beginning, Sonic didn't want Amy to be part of G.U.N. He had tried convincing her to go back to the Resistance but nothing worked. He cared too much for the pink hedgehog to let her innocence be tainted by the likes of G.U.N. Sonic was aware of the platonic love Amy had for Shadow and she was so loyal to him that it seemed that nothing was going to make her realize how bad he was ... unless Shadow breaks her heart.