I am but a shadow and you are light Pt.3

It had to be Shadow, right? It just had to be him.

Shadow had clearly told her about remembering that 'Day' and if it was the same day that Amy was thinking about, then it must be him right?

The letter also said 'shadow', so that was a hint right?

It had to be him right?

Amy thought to herself as she re-read the letters given to her.

She had to admit that the letters given to her had gotten a soft spot in her heart. Whoever this guy was, he was a smart one, and one that really understood her.

He had won her heart.

Amy was about to sleep in her white gown but then, she heard something hit her window. She was about to go to sleep but this incident caught her attention.

One

Two

Three

And it continued like that for a while. Rocks kept hitting her window and Amy finally decided to check it out.

Her room was positioned on the second floor of her house and she wonders who dared bother her at this time.

She opened her window, too dark to know if anyone was there.

"Amy?"

Amy couldn't really see much but she recognized that voice.

"Sonic? What are you doing here?" She said as she spotted a dark shadow, she couldn't tell if it was him but since it seems he was the only one around, she accepted that fact.

"I came to tell you...that it's me who has been giving you the letters!" Sonic said almost screaming.

Amy gasped at the realization. Don't get her wrong, she was more than happy that it was Sonic but she had already made her mind it was Shadow the one who wrote the letters.

"Well, you have to prove it!", Amy said. Sonic had left her for two years, and she will be a fool if she just accepted Sonic because he could write well.

And damn can he write well.

"Well...I...I...What do you want me to do?" Sonic stumbled to speak.

"Recite me a poem! One that you have written!" Without Amy's knowledge, Shadow was hidden in a bush. Sonic had an earpiece in which Shadow was telling Sonic exactly what to say.

"Alright! Um...love grows rocked in my soul as I fret...and that cruel child took it...a bassinet!" Sonic said as he listen to shadow through his earpiece.

"That's good." Amy began. "But since it's cruel..should you not have stifled it in its cot?"

Sonic panicked it was as if she was speaking in another language.

Good for him, Shadow was there helping him.

"I did try...the young child to seize...but the newborn babe is a little...Hercules...his first act was to hound out two snakes...pride and doubt."

"That's excellent. But why are your words so hesitant? Why?" Amy inquired.

Sonic waited for Shadow to say something but his earpiece was failing him. The communication signal was terrible. Sonic was in trouble, he stepped back where Shadow was, behind the bush.

Suddenly Sonic pushed Shadow out of the bush and now it was him facing Amy's window.

Amy couldn't really tell what was going or why Sonic is taking a long time to respond.