New Year's Dress

Being captain of the Resistance didn't give Amy time to do the things she liked. She didn't have time to cut her hair even though she enjoyed doing it. Of course, Rouge was there to remind her and cut it off for her. She stopped reading an interesting book by an anonymous author because she forgot the place she left it.

She even didn't have time to hang out with her favorite hedgehog.

"Hey, sweetheart?"

Amy turned her sight from her computer as she was greeted by the beautiful bat approaching her.

"Hey Rouge, what brings you here?"

"G.U.N. sent me, they told me to tell you to stop stealing their agents," Rouge said jokingly. "I just came to greet my friend..."

Amy took an interest in her tone of voice, she knew that there was something else Rouge wanted.

"And?" Amy asked.

"And to invite you to G.U.N.'s end of the year dance ball."

And?"

"And to ask if you could bake us some stuff for the ball." Rouge then put her hands in front of her, making them clap within the momentum. "Please!"

"I don't know Rouge, I have a lot of things to do and-"

"Please Amy, I am asking as a favor. It's only one night and G.U.N. will pay you handsomely." Rouge added. She looked around the oxidated main Room of the Resistance. "I mean not to judge but...You know that this place really needs it."

Amy looked around the room herself. She knew that Sonic saved the world from the Zombot virus, the Resistance wasn't much needed. Especially when professional agencies like G.U.N. were on the lookout.

"Fine, I'll do it but I'll only go as a server." Amy sighed, someone could take her place for one night.

"Thank you so much, sweetheart! You are the best, I'll let G.U.N. know. Also, you may want to get a nice dress." Rouge added.

"Why is that?"

"Oh, Sonic will be there too!"

.

Amy couldn't find any good dresses because she sold all the ones she had. She only had a regular red dress and some formal clothes and those clothes were the ones she was currently wearing.

White long sleeve blouse and black pants. She tried to cut her hair but she did it horribly due that she was in a hurry.

She was horribly embarrassed and she really hoped Sonic wouldn't see her like this.

"Can you please give me a small piece of that strawberry cake?."

"Yes, ma'am," Amy responded as she hurriedly picked a piece of the cake and gave it to the lovely looking fox girl.

She tried it and nodded in enjoyment. "Give my compliments to the chef." She said as she put the plate down and walked away.

"Thank you," Amy whispered. She smiled to herself, she had forgotten how nice it was to bake.

Maybe coming after all wasn't a bad idea to come, she would be able to pay off some debts of the Resistance, she was able to enjoy one of her hobbies and she would be able to see Sonic.

"Excuse me?"

Amy's thoughts were interrupted as her attention was drawn towards the hedgehog in front of her.

"Oh, hey Shadow." Amy added, "How may I help you."

"Can I have a piece of the dark chocolate cake?"