The Great Hedgehog

"I remember when he used to be nobody

"I remember when he used to be nobody."

"How did he get this rich?"

"Rumor has it that he sells alcohol."

"Can you both please concentrate on your job?"

Cream and Blaze looked at Amy, surprised and relieved that it was her and not a certain black hedgehog.

"If Mr. Shadow hears you, he will scold you."

1927, the economy was good for some and others not so much. Although the prohibition of alcohol angered the civilians, others saw this as an opportunity to become millionaires. Shadow the Hedgehog was not the exception, working all of his life with no results, he was finally given an opportunity to rise in the world of smuggling alcohol.

And in a couple of years, Shadow was the most wanted bachelor.

"Mr. Shadow must be tired from last night." Cream said. "He throws parties as if it was new years every weekend."

Blaze began to mop the floor as she added a small comment. "Or he is tired of attending all the ladies he brought to his room."

"Whatever it was if you want to keep getting paid 40 cents an hour then keep cleaning," Amy said she was cleaning one of the hundreds of windows the mansion had. Her eyes averted to the outside, she noticed a white hedgehog waiting outside the gates of the mansion.

"Guess who is here?" Amy looked at Blaze and teased her. "Loverboy if here for you."

"He is not my boyfriend!" Blaze looked around the room, not sure how to hide her embarrassment. "He is my friend ... besides, I can't see him right now. I need to clean the kitchen first."

Cream spun around the purple cat and smiled at her. "Don't worry, you go to your ... friend. I 'll go to the kitchen."

Blaze smiled shyly at her friends and whispered a 'thank you' to them. She left the two and Crea, was fast to go to the kitchen. Amy was by herself now. In what was one of Shadow's multiple 'resting room.' It was smaller than the others he had. However, Amy noticed that this room was Shadow's favorite room. The resting room consisted of a king-size bed, three windows that showed the outside of the house, a small sofa, and a vanity. Soft white colors and gold, and perfectly clean to show how rich he was. Amy was about to leave the room when she noticed she had missed a spot on the window. She grabbed her rag and as she was cleaning the dirty spot, she noticed a purple cat and white hedgehog.

Outside the gates, they whispered between each other. Sharing smiles and giggles. It was like this almost every day. Silver actually comes from a rich family but Blaze not so much. In one of Shadow's multiple parties, he met Silver and they clicked instantly. They became good friends and after coming to visit Shadow multiple times, Silver found himself falling in love with the purple cat.

But their love couldn't be.

Silver's parents would never allow him to be with Blaze, someone from the low class. For this reason, they could only meet in secret like this.