I am but a shadow and you are light Pt.4

Shadow thought that he would be happy for her. And to some extent, he was. They were perfect for each other, their green matching eyes complemented even more that they were to be together.

Green and green

Not red and green

So why did it still hurt?

Even when he knew for a fact Amy would never accept his feelings.

But deep down, on his sweetest dream, he had a small hope that they could be together.

And even now after a week of seeing Amy walk down the aisle, him holding hands with Rouge, he still had hope.

That damn little spark of hope.

It was still there but slowly, just like a candle, it began to run out and suddenly.

There was no more.

He had to be honest with himself, he didn't love Rouge but did, indeed, enjoy her company.

Rouge, on the other hand, could imagine herself with Shadow for a long time.

But she knew that his heart still belonged to the pink hedgehog. She will try to make him fall in love with her. Even if he could just give her a little bit of the love he felt for Amy, that would be enough for her.

"We are going to need more people in the frontline, Sonic and Shadow need to rest!" One of the generals screamed as more soldiers were approaching the frontline. G.U.N Vs. Infinite's army, which consisted of fake replicas of G.U.N's soldiers. It was complicated for GUN soldiers mostly because they didn't know exactly who to attack.

"We haven't been able to find infinite! He keeps going doing fakes! He is going outnumber us soon! We need to find him!" Sonic said as aggressively put his hands on the table.

"Numbers don't win wars." Shadow simply said. They took a rest on the military's camp, in a tent.

"No, but they surely help." Sonic replies.

Canons were heard, the exploding of bombs and screaming of people. Sonic couldn't take it anymore.

He needed to finish the war now.

Shadow didn't respond, deep in thought as he saw Sonic's gold ring, beautifully displayed on his ring finger.

"What if you make Infinite come out of his hidden spot?"

Both hedgehogs turned around and found a snaking Amy and Rouge looking straight at them.

"What are you doing here? Amy, it's dangerous." Sonic walked towards Amy and hugged her as he said this. He missed her, but he also didn't want to put her in danger.

"I've missed you, you haven't written to me since our wedding day." She responded.

"I know but still-"

Amy didn't concentrate on Sonic's words. She got lost in thoughts as she saw Rouge walking towards Shadow and planting a kiss on his lips, which he accepted gladly.

She wasn't a fool, she knew they were dating even if Shadow tried to deny it most of the time.

"Are you listening to me?"

Amy zoomed in, and regain her attention to Sonic.

"Yes, I did. Don't worry I'll stay in the tent all the time so please, don't be angry that I'll be staying here." Amy tried to calm him and watched him take a sigh, defeated.

Sonic looked into her eyes, he was so blessed to have her and he was just too proud to have her.

"Shadow! Sonic! They need you in the front!" One of the commanders said. Shadow immediately stood up and walked past Amy as Rouge followed him. He acknowledges Amy's presence by giving her a look.