Mistake

ShadAmy

Au

.

.

.

Space colony ark, a bit more than 50 years before our present time and before the tragedy occurred. A lively place full of prosperity.

One girl named Maria excitedly walked through the corridors hoping to find her friend wishing to be victorious in her own game. She tried to be as quiet as possible but her small little blue shoes made a 'click-clack' every time it touched the floor. She knew for sure that he must be here. Somewhere hidden in the dark where his fur matched within it.

'Boo!'

"AHHH!", Maria flinched a bit and turned around to find her favorite black and red hedgehog in front of her. She wished she could stay mad at him for at least five seconds. However, all range went away the second she saw his big red eyes.

"Shadow, don't scare me like that!", Maria pretends to be hurt, just so Shadow could apologize.

"Maria! Are you ok?!"

A small pink hedgehog entered the room running, looking at the blonde from her feet to her head.

"I am ok Amy, not need to look after me all day", Maria said smiling as she looked to the pink hedgehog.

"It's my duty! I was brought here for the sole purpose to protect you"

"Oh, Amy but-"

"Yes, go away you pink rant! We don't need you here now!"

"Shadow!"

Maria noticed Amy running away from the room now. Although she couldn't be mad at Shadow for long, she knew that a proper talk was necessary. He was ignorant since the only teachings he had was from scientists who looked at life differently.

"Shadow... don't ever talk to Amy like that ever again", Amy bent down in one knee and looked at Shadow directly in the eyes.

"But why? People say she was a mistake! She wasn't supposed to even be born...her pink fur is even disgusting", Shadow made a childish face. In which Maria sighed in a bit of disappointment, not at Shadow but at the persons around him.

"No one is a mistake. Her mom died giving birth but that's doesn't mean she's bad. She is kinda like you, you know".

"Kinda like me?", Shadow asked intrigued.

"Yes, she's a hedgehog-like you! One of your own and that means that you gotta protect her no matter what!", Maria looked to the large mirror in front of her, showcasing the beautiful Earth. "She doesn't have a family... so I want to be kinda like a mother to her... for both of you"

"And one day we will live together as a family on earth"

.

.

.
After Amy made sure that Maria was asleep, she decided to go back to her room. She tried to make as little as sound possible and without noticing she had passed through Shadow. She noticed that he was at Maria's favorite spot in the entire spaceship. He was looking right through the Earth, observing but most of all thinking. Amy had to admit that deep down she admired Shadow, he was so strong, perfect and he will indeed be the one to save Maria's life.

"Just come in, I know you are there", Shadow said, no taking his eyes away from the view in front of him.

Amy thought that Shadow would scold her or something. She lowered her head down and she got near him and was ready to apologize. "I am sorry-"