Not You

They were hard times

    Now that Sonic was gone, Eggman had taken the upper hand. Everyone had tried to stop him. Well at least Knuckles and Amy did but the best they did was to take one of infinite's eyes as a trophy.

        And Tails well... he just lost it.

    Shadow the hedgehog wanted to try as well.  However, along the way, he met Amy Rose. He still remembers the first time he saw her there on the battlefield. Fierce eyes, dust, and injuries all over her body. Dirty hair and a thought bandage around her waist. Her overly used hammer had now gotten a few scratches but still looked as strong as ever. Her stance firm and delicate but elegant as ever.

The battle was over and both of their bodies laid exhausted as they tried to get their breath back to their lungs. Breathing heavily, looking up at the blue sky that was rapidly growing darker by the second.

"I thought you were going to head over Eggman's main base...what stopped you?". Amy has gotten the courage to speak up to him. It had been many years since they had last spoken, but it was always good to see a "friendly" face.

"I couldn't let you and your group have all the fun." Being the ultimate life form, it was weird for Shadow to be this tired. He felt the rain began to touch his muzzle and without knowing, he found himself completely wet from head to toes. It wasn't a bad feeling, it was one of the few times where he was feeling alive.

"If you want to have more fun...why don't you come and join the Resistance?"

And that is how Shadow the hedgehog joined Amy, Knuckles and everyone else on their mission to stop Eggman's invasion. Pretty romantic, I must say. Amy Rose came back with a legend and everyone was happy to meet him. It was someone who they heard stories of when they were kids. Of times when they were happy and took their freedom for granted. Many lives were taken that day, but a hero had raised to action.

   Shadow was a new challenge to the raising Resistance Hero, Silver the Hedgehog. Even Shadow had to admit that he fought with Silver way more than he would do with Sonic. And it wasn't because Silver was a cocky one, no he was completely different from him.

   Silver is smart, thinks before he speaks, helps people out of pure common good and is really humble. A total hero. If it wasn't because he would flirt all the time with Amy Rose aka the captain, Silver could of have the complete respect from Shadow. Or at least that what Shadow thought.

"Who's that white hedgehog anyways?".  Shadow looked over to Amy who was very concentrated type on her computer at that time. Even in her deep state of mind, she found Shadow's voice rang through her ears.

"That's Silver the Hedgehog. A hero from the future, he came to help us defeat Eggman so his future could be saved from disaster as well." Amy took her sight a moment away from the computer and realized that she needed to put on her glasses before eyes take any more damage from the screen light.