Chapter 4

Pha's POV

     Forth opened the front door of the house and entered with me still over his shoulder. I just leaned on him, waiting to be let down.

     "Can you put me down now?" I said flatly.

     "Yes" Forth said. He slowly put me down, back on the solid ground again. I faced him and looked at him annoyingly. Forth didn't seem bothered.

     "Do not do that again Forth" I said firmly. I quickly punched his stomach which made him cry out in pain.

     "And that's for smacking my butt" I huffed, turned away and walked into the living room. Forth ran after to get me but stopped when both of us were greeted by our parents in the living room.

     "Good you have arrived" my mom said.

     "And we have a surprise for you" Forth's mom said.

     "Mom, we know that we are having a party" Forth replied plainly.

     "Don't be smart with me Forth, I do know that" his mom scolded, making me to snicker at him.

     "So what's the surprise?" I asked. My dad stoop up and faced Forth.

     "Take care of my son, Forth" He said sternly, patting his shoulder.

     "I will,...Dad" Forth replied.

     'pfftt.. his idea of taking care of me isn't exactly what I want or need, Dad' I thought.

     "Because you two are going to be living in your own house" My dad continued.

     "What?!" I and Forth said with widened eyes.

     "That's where the party is being held, and you'll be moving in today" Forth's dad informed.

     “But, but we’re not even married yet” I complained.

     "We know that but it'll be good for you to get to know each other more" my mom said.

     "Ok kids, we're off now, come on" Forth's mom cheered trying to change the subject swiftly.

     "Wait, I need to get changed for the party though" I said.

     "Ah, all your stuff has been moved already to the new house, so you can change there" my dad said. The parents left the room leaving me and Forth. I was still trying to process what the hell happened.

     Forth looked at me and chuckled. He lightly pushed me along, out of the room so the two of us could go to our new house.

     “Come on fatty" he said. I crossed ny arms over my chest as I sat in the car like a child who didn't get their way.

     "No you're fat” I said and stuck my tongue out at him. Forth smiled and shook his head.

     "Now you're being childish” Forth said.

     "No you’re being childish" I murmured.

At the New House
Forth's POV

     The house wasn't too big or too small. There was a gravel path that leaded to the door and a driveway and garage on the side. The house was a light brown colour and had white windows. There was a large plum tree on one side of the house too. I loved the look of it, it was my dream house to live in when I was happily married and had children. I looked at Pha and wondered if that could ever happen.