Chapter - 21

The door bell rang for the fourth time. Pha ran downstairs, hair dripping with water from his recent shower.

   "Alright, I’m coming!" He called.

   Pha finally reached the door and opened it with one swift movement causing a rush of air to blow past. A woman stood with a large duffel coat, that engulfed her figure. She had a surprised expression due to the fact she wasn't expecting Pha to be there.

   'He must be the husband...huh'

   Pha waited for her to speak up but she seemed to be too engrossed in her thoughts, "Um, can I help you?"

   She looked up and gave him a small smile. "Er yeah, I’m looking for Forth Jathurapoom. Is he here?"

   Her head bobbed past him, looking into the house for a brief moment.

   "No, he won't be back in a while. Do you want to come in and wait, I can just call him to come" Pha offered. The woman seemed slightly hesitant but she accepted his offer warmly and followed his lead into the living area.

   "Oh wait, I never asked for your name" Pha said as they both sat down into opposite couches. "Right...May..." She smiled softly again.

   "I'm Phana, Forth's husband" Pha didn't know why he added the last bit but he felt like it had to be done.

   He picked up his cell and dialled Forth's number and waited for him to pick up.

   "Baby~~" Forth cooed on the other end.

   Pha smiled awkwardly as he saw May look his way; it was obvious she could hear his voice.

   "Hey, Whatcha doing?" Pha asked casually.

   "Just finishing up in the office, why? You need something?"

   "Well, yes, you need to come over"

   "Why? Wait let me guess! You're in the shower and need my expert help in getting out" Forth said with a teasing smirk.

   "Forth! We have a guest -who just heard that thank you and she's looking for you" Pha hid his blushing face from May.

   Forth chuckled on the other end but came to a halt, "Who is it?"

   "She says her name is May. Ring any bells"

   There was a silence on the other end of the line before Forth spoke again, "I'm coming"

   He hung up straight after; Pha could sense that something was wrong but he left it for now. He turned his face back to May, "Would you like anything to eat or drink?"

   She shook her head, "That won't be necessary"

   'I won’t be staying long' She thought.

   An awkward silence lingered between both and was only broken by the sound of the key turning in the lock. Pha's head looked in the direction of Forth.

   Forth looked at May, who was innocently waiting for him to arrive. His face was expressionless as he looked at her; Pha was confused by his sudden change.

   'Who is she to him?' That thought seemed to be the only thing going through his mind.

   Forth's face slowly turned to him. He gave Pha a warm smile and gave him a kiss on the cheek as if he was putting on a show for May.

   May stood up, which made Pha stand up, "Are you leaving?" He asked.

   "I will but not before-" May began only to be cut off by Forth.

   "You’re leaving now" Forth was firm and his voice was cold. It confused Pha even more. He wondered why Forth was acting this way and what could have possibly triggered it.

   May looked at Forth and pursed her lips, "Fine..."

   Pha was about to walk her out but Forth pulled him back.

   They soon heard the door click shut and he looked at Forth, expecting an explanation.

   "I'm going to take a shower" was all he said.

   "Wait! No, you can't do that. You can't just leave me hanging here" Pha whined, "Who is she?"

   Forth sighed and sat down, gesturing Pha to sit next to him.

   "She was a girl that I met in a club and we sort of had a thing for a couple of weeks but when I found out I was getting married to you, I decided to call it off"

   Pha let all the information sink in before he said anything. He was beginning to think that maybe, this May, had an ulterior motive.

   "So, she wants you back?" He wondered out loud. He bit his lip and stared at the floor, wondering and thinking.

   Forth lifted Pha's head to face him, "Even if she did, I'm not going anywhere. Sorry, but you're stuck with me"

   He smiled sincerely making Pha smile in return. "I wonder what I did to deserve that" Pha teased with a sigh.

   "Oi" Forth poked at his sides, tickling him and making him laugh, "You should be glad that a hot guy like me is by your side"

   Pha stuck his tongue out, "Whatever Phii~~"

   Pha went all serious now and looked straight into Forth's eyes, "She'll be back, won't she?"

   Forth sighed, "Knowing her, yes..." "But there is nothing to worry Pha. I'll take care of her"

   Pha sighed. He looked down at Forth's lips and then back at his eyes again. Forth noticed and smirked before leaning in to press his lips gently over Pha's. There was no urgency or desire in the kiss; it was just sweet and tender as if assuring Pha that Forth is going nowhere.

-------------+++-------------

   For a while, Pha had forgotten all about May and all his problems that tagged along with her.

   After a long shift at the hospital, Pha drived to his home. He parked his car on the driveway and walked up to the door as he fumbled around in his pockets, looking for his keys. Humming to himself, he entered his house. Forth greeted him at the door with a plain expression. Pha knew instantly that something was wrong and couldn't help but feel concerned.

   "Hey..." He took off his shoes but kept his eyes on Forth's face.

   He gave Pha a weak smile, "You ok?"

   Pha's eyebrows creased.

   "Umm..." Forth was cut off by another voice, as a figure appeared.

   "Oh good, you’re here"

   Pha's head snapped in the direction of the figure, "N'May...what..."

-----------+++----------

A/N
   Oooohhhhh.. The drama begins. See you guys in the next chapter. Enjoy. Don't forget to Vote and Comment.

Love
Prijongsuk