Chapter - 27

Pha was slicing up vegetables in the kitchen a day after the confrontation with May. It was a nice Saturday evening, since Pha doesn't have to work tomorrow, he thought of preparing dinner. But something doesn't feel right. There would be moments during the day where he would feel calm and serene about the situations, but then others where he got completely annoyed with Forth and his irresponsible behaviour; this was one of those moments.

   Pha sliced the carrot up with such great force that the chopping board shook slightly at every blowing impact.

   Just as Forth was about to enter the kitchen, he saw the state Pha was in and froze.

   'Ok, just slowly back away' He began retreating out of the doorway when Pha suddenly stabbed the wooden chopping board with the knife.

   He looked up at Forth, who seemed terrified, and Pha glared at him with immense venom.

   "Ai'Asshole, are there any other woman you may have knocked up that I don't know about?" Pha's almost sarcastic tone appeared to echo through the kitchen.

   "No Sir"

   "Don’t call me Sir, I’m not that old, fool" Pha quickly snapped.

   "You, you better have finished that list of chores I gave you" Pha had recently given Forth a list of almost impossible chores for him to do when he was in his angry state.

   "Of course" Forth smiled nervously, not sure if he should have now.

   "Good... I'm almost finished with dinner" he went back to chopping and began humming to himself. Forth was still standing at the doorway, fidgeting not knowing if he should leave or not.

   "Have you listened to Taylor swift's Should've said No? It's a great song; I think you'd like it"

   Forth gave him a confused look, "Huh? Isn't that song about cheating?"

   "Precisely, something that you might know about" Pha snorted.

   "Technically, it wasn't cheating" Forth pointed out.

   "Are you trying to make this harder for yourself?" Pha raised an eyebrow and looked him directly into his eyes.

   His look sent small arrows of shivers down Forth's spine. 'Talk about hormonal' Forth mentally rolled his eyes, knowing that if Pha caught him, hell would be introduced to him in a whole new level.

   The door bell rang and Forth sighed in relief. Pha heard the air leave his mouth and sternly looked at him.

   Forth nervously laughed and started to walk out of the kitchen backwards, "Best get the door"

   He dashed towards the door while Pha resumed to chopping up the vegetables. He heard voices, one of them of a high pitched woman. His brows creased and he walked into the hallway.

   Pha saw the back of Forth, who seemed quite distressed over something. Then the woman that he had recently begun to dislike, stood there, with two loads of luggage beside her.

   "My husband is going to suffocate me with a pillow if I agree to this" Forth hissed at her.

   "Agree to what exactly...and correction, suffocate you with my bare hands" Pha innocently smiled before landing his eyes back onto May, "Well?" He waited upon her to explain herself.

   "You see, I've been evicted out of my apartment. I just couldn't keep up with rent"

   Pha looked her up and down, noticing her clothes, her hair, every detail, "So?"

   "I have nowhere else to go..." May's voice trailed away, thinking that it would help with the sympathy.

   "And what? You had no other family or friends to go to?" Pha raised his eyebrows at her.

   She hung her head down and shook her head.

   Pha sighed out, "Fine, but don’t think I'm doing this for you"

   His reply had taken her and Forth by surprise. They had never expected him to agree at all.

   Forth looked at Pha in complete awe, 'Seriously hormonal'

   Pha walked back to the kitchen and began chopping up the onions now. He watched as May sat down on the sofa, hugging onto her knees. Forth awkwardly sat on the sofa in front, not sure of what to say.

   Pha felt tears stream down his face continuously. His eyes stung due to the onions. There was no way to determine whether the tears were because of the onions, or the fact that he felt completely useless and helpless as of that moment.

   His shoulders shook up and down. He put down the knife and let his back face the doorway so nobody could see his tears. He violently wiped them away and calmed himself down.

   'I’m too nice for my own good' he thought.

   He started to feel a sick feeling rise in his stomach. A metallic taste in his mouth began to take over. It always happened before he became seriously sick. But as he hovered over the sink, nothing happened.

   He decided to call it as a false alarm when the sick feeling decreased a bit, but still was there faintly. He went back to finishing up dinner and pretended nothing happened.

-----------+++++---------

A/N
   Enjoy. Vote and Comment.

Love
Prijongsuk