Chapter - 22

A/N
   Short chapter ahead. I'm compensating that with Pha's angelic pic above. He does look like an angel.

-----+++-----+++-----+++-------

   "N'May.. what are you doing here?" Pha looked at her with a frown.

   Pha's eyebrows rose at the sight of her round stomach. Mouth slightly ajar and his eyes fixed on her. A mixture of anger, sadness and shock arose and intensified within him.

   He looked back at Forth, "You?"

   Forth nodded solemnly.

   Pha's eyes glazed over as he stared at absolutely nothing. He stayed silent as he let the information sink in.

   'She’s pregnant...pregnant'

   Forth walked up to Pha. He felt immensely guilty and for some reason, the need to comfort Pha and explain himself. He tried to hold onto Pha's hand but he backed away.

   "No...you got her pregnant?" Pha voice had a sense of hurt to it.

   The anger inside him was beginning to take over. A part of him felt somewhat betrayed by it. He wondered if he even had the right to feel betrayed, after all, this was an arranged marriage; hardly the normal type.

   Forth hung his head down in shame. Pha glanced at May, who seemed to be holding back a smile.

   Pha's fists clenched up, making his knuckle turn white due to the strain. If it wasn't for her state he would have lunged at her, and pounded her face to relieve the fury.

   "Ughhhh"

   Pha bolted out the door with just his slippers in, pacing faster down the road. Forth's eyes grew as he watched Pha dart out the house. He immediately ran after him, a bit behind Pha, running as fast as he could go.

   Pha had no idea where he was going, but he couldn't stay in the house with her in it, her and that...that thing growing inside her. He felt wet drops plop on his head. It started to rain, making him feel even more frustrated and angry.

   'Perfect! Its rains as well! Just my fucking day!'

   Pha heard Forth call for him from behind. He willed himself not to stop, not to turn back, not to give in to him yet again.

   The rain pounded harder and his legs was feeling weaker and ached immensely. He had to shelter under a nearby shop. By now his hair was wet through and half of his shirt was drenched.

   His breathing was heavier by now too and his face red due to all the running.

   Forth finally caught up to Pha, soaked as much as the other was, if not worse. He held on to his knees as he composed himself.

   "Why the hell did you run off!?"

   He brought his jacket and put in around Pha's shivering body. His arms enveloped Pha and squeezed tighter. Pha was too tired to object and welcomed his warm body gratefully.

   "You had me worried as hell" Forth said as held Pha.

   Pha softened as he hesitantly lifted his arms to hug Forth back.

   Forth brought Pha back home. All the while he was silent, even as he made his way to their room, he stayed quiet. Forth brought a towel and began drying Pha's hair.

    Pha watched him carefully, noticing his concentrated face, full of concern. His heart pumped faster as Forth's gaze finally stopped at his eyes.

   He stopped drying Pha's hair midway and returned his stare. A peaceful silence lingered around them.

   Pha reached out to his face and cupped his chin, pulling him closer. He placed a kiss lightly at first on Forth's lips.

   Forth let the towel slip out of his hands and pulled Pha closer by the waist.

   Pha kissed him again, harder this time, letting Forth's tongue slip in and roam his mouth. His hand clasped around Forth's neck as Forth's lips kissed all the way down to his neck.

   Pha pulled him backward, making both of them fall on the bed. Forth hovered over Pha, looking intently into his eyes. He reached down and nipped at Pha's lips before caressing his cheek with his thumb.

   A warm feeling took hold of Pha and Forth as they looked at each other. It was different to anything they both had experienced with their time together. Forth leaned in to kiss Pha again, not letting go this time.

   The night that followed was unlike to any of the other nights that Pha and Forth had shared together. This time, it really felt like Pha was making love with Forth.

---------+++--------

A/N
   Sooo.. yeah.. Pha trust Forth not to hurt him further, even after Forth disappointed him somehow.

   Enjoy. Vote and Comment.

Love
Prijongsuk