Chapter - 30

All three people sat around the table, quietly chewing on the food Pha had made earlier. It was awkward as usual but reassuring that Pha had Forth beside him. it wasn't until May cleared her voice that there was conversation starting. Pha and Forth looked at her with curious expressions.

   "I'd like to say thanks for letting me stay," she gave a weak smile, "but I think it’s about time I moved on. I’ve found a new apartment and rent is awesome too"

   Forth was surprised that she had found a place so quickly, yet worried that he wouldn‘t be able to keep an eye on the baby as much. But he felt a sense of relief now since there would be less tension between Pha and him and May.

   Pha spoke out for the first time during the meal, "That's good then. When are you leaving?"

   "Tomorrow probably..." May went back to eating her dinner and it wasn't long before she excused herself and resumed packing up her belongings in the guest room. She had finally come to her senses a little about Forth and knew the damage was done with him, now that Pha was in the picture. But of course, she wasn't going to leave quietly.

----------++++---------

   Downstairs in the kitchen Pha was stacking up the recently cleaned dishes when he felt a pair of arms snake around him from behind. Knowing it was Forth, he turned around and kissed his lips.

   Forth chuckled, "I guess you're pleased she's going"

   "Of course" Pha kissed him another time, "tonight might just be your lucky day" he smirked wiggling his eyebrows.

   Forth raised an eyebrow, "Kitchen?"

   Pha flicked at his forehead, "Idiot, no, with or without guests here"

   Forth rubbed the sore area on his forehead and pouted. He made those large puppy eyes that made Pha go weak at the knees. Pha bit his lips as his face became more concerned.

   Pha shook his head, not allowing himself to be manipulated by Forth. He turned Forth's head to face somewhere else, "No!" And with that, Pha wriggled out of Forth's arms and shooed him out of the kitchen, "Out you go Forth, I don’t need distractions while I’m cleaning, out!"

   Forth laughed but obliged anyway, making his way up to the master bedroom.

   Pha cleaned up the surface of the table when he watched a small figure come in through the door way.

   "I’ve got to hand it to you...if I was in your position, I'd have been running towards the hills at the sight of me" May circled around the counter top until she was directly in front of Pha.

   Pha didn't know where she was going with this or why. May still carried on, "I admire that you stick with him though. Of course, it can’t be easy though, knowing that Forth fathered my daughter"

   "Of course it isn’t, but a good partner would stick with their other half" Pha relied casually, not wanted to lash out at her with the anger that was rising quickly inside him. He wanted her out of their home as fast as possible.

   May sighed and looked down for a moment, "I know you think I'm some sort of trouble maker or home wrecker," she looked up and shot a look at Pha, "But if anyone’s the home wrecker, it’s you."

   Pha was stunned by her words and slightly hurt, though he didn't want to admit it, "I beg your pardon?"

   "This fantasy life you're living isn't meant for you. If it weren't for you, then me, Forth and our baby would have been having a perfect NORMAL life" May kept on speaking out the thoughts that were on her mind, "You destroyed that family"

   Pha felt like cold water was being poured down on to him. He couldn't help but think what if the things that May was saying were true? What if he was a home wrecker in her eyes?

   "I'm sorry if you feel like that but you can't expect me to take all the blame for something that was beyond my control, it's not fair"

   "Yeah. I know. But you should've known that you couldn't give Forth his own child. You couldn't give him a normal family. I just thought you should know before I left. Thanks for keeping me here by the way, goodnight"

   May left Pha there in the kitchen. There was a deadly silence that followed after, leaving him paralysed to his surroundings. Pha was beginning to get muddled up with all his thoughts, and the voice of May, telling him all these things. The doubts were nibbling away at his brain.

   Pha griped onto the counter as if he was in pain. His breathing hitched as a single tear fell down his cheek, "I can't do this..." he whispered, too quiet to be even heard by himself.

   "I guess I'm not such a good partner after all."

   By the time Pha reached to their bedroom, Forth was laying on the bed lazily. Pha assumed he was asleep and approached him. His chest rose up and down deeply. His lips were apart slightly and as always, his hair in a mess. He wiped away the new tears and forced himself to stay composed. He breathed out deeply and smiled as he looked down at his husband; not the most perfect man in the world but the more time Pha spent with him, Forth became more perfect to him.

   Pha reached down and kissed him on the lips lightly, not wanted to disturb him from his sleep. He lay down beside Forth and snuggled up closer to him. He brought Forth's arm over his waist.

   "This may be the only time I'll get to say this to you..." Pha began to feel his eyes water again but breathed in and out to keep them in control, "I love you"

   He left a kiss on his cheek before getting up to find a few things. He tucked him in to bed and left another kiss on his forehead.

   Morning arrived and the sunlight seeped through the windows. Forth cursed himself for forgetting to close the curtains the night before. He turned over placing an arm over what he thought was Pha. His eyes open in alarm when he felt a single piece of paper beside him.

   Forth sat up and rubbed his eyes. He felt a lot of confusion as he looked down at the paper, "Huh, it’s for me" He read each word in his head:

   "Forth.. I'm not sure how I should really say this.

   I'm leaving. I just can't do it anymore; pretend that I'm ok with all this when I'm not.

   Just, please get along with May for your daughter's sake and please don't come look for me.

   I need some time away.

As much as it pains me to say this but, goodbye P'Forth, Rak na~"

   Forth stared at the paper. His eyebrows were furrowed and a sad expression took toll on his face. His feet jumped into action and he targeted straight for Pha's drawers, looking through each one only to find it empty. He hoped it was all a joke, a bad, horrible joke.

   But he knew it wasn’t. He punched his fist into the large cupboard, "argggghh!"

   He plummeted to the floor in despair, knowing there was nothing he could do. He brought his phone out and dialled Pha's number. He waited to hear Pha's voice and became almost relieved when he thought he heard his voice but it was just voice mail.

   "Please leave your message after the beep"

   Forth's voice began to tremble, "O-oyyy, where the hell are you? Please tell me you're not serious about this. I..I don't want you to leave, I'm begging you.. I never.. I never even got to say that-"

   "Message bank full"

   Forth screamed out and chucked the phone at the opposite wall. "I never even got to say that I love you too"

------------++++------------

A/N
   Enjoy. Vote and Comment.

Love
Prijongsuk