Ch 10: Cold,

< imagine: it was Winter and no matter what you did to prevent catching a nasty cold, you still managed to get sick. Louis began to worry deeply for you- he even lended you his infamous trenchcoat he oh so much loved.
Tenn and AJ would create drawings and 'get well soon' cards. Ruby had to usher them away from you on multiple occasions.. after all, your cold was indeed contagious. -

• "Ugh. When will this sickness go away?" You groan to yourself, massaging your throbbing and sweaty burning temples.
• a little knock on your door made you jump and curse under your breath- "Come in" after their permission is granted, they enter swiftly.
It was Clementine.
• "hey Clem" you welcome tiredly. She replies with a small smile, "hey... how are you doing?"
• you shift so that you were now seated up and looking at her properly. "I've.. I've been better" you admit. Clementine glances with concern.
• "i have something for you. It'll help you with your sickness" the teen shows you a few herbs that were now grounded up to mush. Your nose wrinkles at the smell it radiated- "egh! What is that?"
• Clementine grins, "I was out hunting when I bumped into one of my newest of friends. I hung out with him for awhile and eventually told him about your condition- he ever so kindly gave me this hand-made remedy" she stops to take a breath, "apparently it helps get rid of colds and other pesky conditions"
• you raise an eyebrow, "who was this guy exactly?" You question rather doubtfully.
• "oh just some dude who pretends to be a walker. Crazy right?"
• "uhm.. who in their right kind would cosplay as a walker?" You ask confusedly.
• "eh- he's a whisperer... that's what they do I guess?" Her analysis turned to be a question as if she also thought the so called "whisperer" was a batshit lunatic.
• "okay..." you mumble.
• Clementine grabs your cup of water on the bedside table, handing it to you with the 'remedy'. "What?" You give her a confused look.
• "take it. Mix the herbs with the water so it won't taste bad" she explains while wagering the stuff closer to you. You reluctantly accept her offer- ever so slowly lifting the herbs into your mouth and washing it down quickly with water. At first it all tasted like nothing... but after thinking you were in the clear, everything turned badly real fast.

"Ah! What the hell Clementine!? Why is it burning!" You fan your mouth rapidly and grasp your throat to attempt with easing the immense burning sensation that coated those areas. "I-I don't know!" She stutters, starting to freak out herself.

"Make it stop! Please!" You plead ever so much. But there was nothing anyone could do.
"I'm dying, help!" You hurry to your feet but being sick didn't help your balance- you collapse to the floor harshly with a loud thud. Anyone who were under us would've surely heard the earthquake.
"I can't breathe!" You gasp for air with a hand still tightly gripping at your throat.
You almost black out from the overwhelming situation at hand. Loud footsteps were suddenly heard from outside the room-

The person soon bursting through the doors with no hesitation or care to mind. The voice of that being was instantly recognisable; Louis.

•••

Louis' POV-

"Hey Louis, can you help me out with this?" Marlon calls out to me. I huff in response and give him a hand with lifting the firewood we gathered for tonight's fire. I wasn't enjoying being out in the wilderness however- mostly because I was away from my sick girlfriend.. too far away for my liking.

I was really worried for her. She has been sick for the past couple of weeks and hasn't got any better in the duration of that time. If it were my choice I would stay by her side everyday all day.. but of course, there are duties to be done.
Marlon needed assistance with finding and bringing some firewood back to the school- I purposely focused on doing the job rather than messing around or taking my time like I would usually do. I needed to get back to my girl.. and the only way of doing that was to complete the chores I had.