Ch 31: Conceal,

< imagine: Louis unfortunately becomes victim to a stray walker. He tried his best to conceal his bite.. even from you. It wasn't until he started to grow quickly ill by the end of the day is when you and the others become suspicious and notice the bite.

• Louis was taking longer than usual to get back from hunting with Aasim and AJ.

AJ had begged Clem to let him go with them and after his constant nagging, she obliged, giving him permission to hunt- under supervision of course. Since Clementine only has one foot from recent events.. she can't leave the school very much, (if not at all) For safety reasons and health. You couldn't imagine what it would be like to immobilise only with crutches!
• Clem is sure the strongest person you've met.

Seeing the smile on AJ's face before he left off with Louis and Aasim was truely heartwarming. He really looks up to Louis and you simply adore that. Your boyfriend is practically a role model! It made you so damn proud.
• "hey, shouldn't they be back by now?" Clementine slowly made her way over to you and Violet who was causally shining her butcher knife.
"I know they can look after themselves but I can't help but worry."
• you frown. It has been awhile.. but you are sure they are fine and kept your mind from dragging into negativity.
Violet looks up and smiles lightly, "don't worry, Louis might be a dumbass 99% of the time but he wouldn't let anyone's life at risk."
You laugh along with Clem.

• "what about Aasim?" You ask after catching your breath. Violet immediately scoffed at the mention of his name, "yeaaa, I'd be worried if he was the only one with AJ. He couldn't give two shits about anyone else but himself." She shrugged.
You tense as Ruby had just neared the three of you with a slight glare.
That's right.. they're dating. Craaap
just as she reaches you all. You begin to think of the new grave that would have to be dug real soon. Ruby can be aggressive.. so you're merely worrying about Violet's wellbeing at this point.
The blonde however doesn't even bat an eyelid as she stared at the mildly infuriated redhead.
"What was that?" She boomed in her strong southern accent.
• you felt like fleeing from the conversation but something drew you in. Maybe curiosity about how Violet would escape this confrontation alive? Or maybe you just wanted entertainment.

Probably both.

• "well I was just explaining-
"Yea. I know." Ruby cut her off with a huff.
• Clementine stares with guilt, "Sorry Ruby. You know she didn't mean anything by that" she calmly mused.
"I ain't deaf, just to remind you." She bluntly said. The redhead glaring and quietly walked away with crossed arms.
What...? That was easier than you expected!
• "Clem I swear you always have to save my ass" Violet cackled. Clem in return frowned, "just be careful what you say about others. That was a close call"

You nod in agreement. Violet sighing and putting her freshly shined weapon away. "People just have to not take things so seriously."
Violet's right.. In a way? I mean, Aasim can be a real jerk so she was only saying the truth. And Ruby surely knows that he can be horrible so she can't really get too upset over it.
You think to yourself.
• Though you can still see why Ruby would be offended, she cares for Aasim deeply and when Violet lightly insulted him, she would act on anger and defensiveness.

• "Anyway's I'm going to the bell tower to keep a lookout." Violet subtly waves as she walked away. Now is was just you and Clementine..
She sighs as she readjusted her weight on the crutches, (or as AJ would call them, 'wood arm legs') and looked back at the gates.
Still no sign of Louis, Aasim or AJ.
• "I'll go join Vi. Standing here like this is making me worry.." she bids her last goodbye before slowly following the direction Violet disappeared to.
"They'll be fine Clem.. they would be walking straight through those gates anytime now" You say aloud in a dull yet worried tone.
What if something happened?
No...