Ch 30: A soldier,

< imagine: Way before the apocalyptic outbreak occurred, where the world was full of life and healthy living people- you went to school and made lot's of friends. However your two best friends named Marlon and Louis didn't turn up to school one day. A week turned into three weeks, four weeks and so on- no sign of them.

You meet again... but in a different world where it's kill or be killed.

(Before the apocalypse) :
"hey! Heads up!!" Shouted Louis, throwing a ball at you. You quickly reacted and moved out of the way before it could hit you- causing Louis to pout once he reached to where you were standing. And once he did indeed run up to you- you blushed a little bit after seeing his kind eyes scan your's. You admit that you did have a little crush on the guy so it wasn't a surprise you'd get flustered so easily.
"you missed!" He laughed.
"Come on Louis, you know I wouldn't have been able to catch that!" You defend with a smile. Louis rolled his eyes and softly nudged you, "hey want to mess with Marlon?" He whispered deviously. You look over to where the Mullet wearing boy was, immediately snickering once seeing him heading over to the water tap after playing a game of catch with Louis.

• you already knew what plan Louis had in store for Marlon by 'messing' with him. "Why not?" You agree with a nod, quickly trailing behind him.
You both sneakily reach the tap's control switches, quickly turning it off so water wouldn't run out of the tap when Marlon tried to get a drink.
• you were having a hard time holding in your laughter as you watched Marlon turn the tap on but getting nothing but a drop of water out of it. He immediately frowned and kept turning the tap on and off.
• Marlon got angry enough to kick it and curse, his face fuming.
"Alright, on the count of three- one, two... three!" Louis whisper shouted.
• then suddenly, when Marlon was still trying to figure out how to get the water back on- a huge gush of water poured out of the tap and
smothered his face completely, drenching his clothes in the process.

You turned off the water once again and took a look back at Marlon. His face was shocked but soon developed into pure rage- it was honestly so hilarious!
Louis burst out laughing and so did you.
Both falling to the ground in pure ecstasy.
"Haha! We got him good!!"

While you were baffling on the ground with cackles, Marlon had heard your howls and snickering and immediately snapped his attention to the direction of it... where you were hiding.

Footsteps suddenly approached and halted. You open your eyes to see a very angry Marlon heaving and handing a glare that could definitely kill.
"HEY. YOU'LL PAY FOR THAT!!" He roared, charging towards the both of you. The laughter died down and gasps replaced it quickly-
"Shit..." Louis cried as he scrambled to his feet and took off like the wind.
"Louis are you kidding me!?" You groan as you hurry to stand up as well.

"GET BACK HERE!!" Marlon yelled after.

Let's just say... when he caught up to you and Louis, you wouldn't be playing any pranks on him anytime soon.

•••

(Present) :

You had just came back from patrol, your legs were killing you and your arms were pleading you to finally drop your gun.
You were sharing a room with a ginger haired girl named Sophie, she was honestly the most normal person here... so pure and happy go lucky. However you weren't a fan of her twin sister... Minerva —or as she prefers to go by— Minnie. She was extremely loyal to Lily and hated your guts since you weren't cold hearted.
Apparently you're a 'fake soldier' if you have emotions...