Ch 15: Pranks, PART. 3

< imagine: after running away from Louis and locking yourself in the safety of your dorm, AJ had given you two drawings so far.
It was late and you were hungry- a late night snack seems like the only option to end to constant gurgling of your vast and empty stomach.

• yet another growl sounded put into the silence. It was getting to the point where you'd smack your stomach and tell it it 'shut up!'.
Of course, no luck.
• AJ's drawings now hung up on the wall, a smile always tugging at your lips once you lay eyes on the thoughtful gift. It was about 10:00 pm- everyone should be asleep... or so you thought.
• you stand up but wince as your wrist throbbed with major inconvenience. Thanks to the moonlight, you could just make out the marking that now temporarily tainted your skin. The bruise was still very fresh and reminded you constantly of it's strong presence.
• "god dammit Louis.." you hiss as your wrist slowly drops to your side lazily.
• your feet lightly scrape against the old wooden floor beneath- contemplation of exiting the room was now mandatory.
'I either starve to death, or risk running into someone whilst getting some food..' your thoughts run wild inside the mind.
• "here goes.." you uncertainly say aloud as the door swung open a crack. The coast looked clear. Nodding with somewhat approval- you step dangerously out of the comfort you just previously hid in.
Leaving your dorm empty after shutting the door behind you. It clicks and is once again stationery.
• you footsteps start to quicken down the hall. Propelling you forward faster than ever. Mostly because you were trying to be hidden but also trying to survive. You are sure you'd starve if you didn't eat this instance.
• finally after what seemed like a decade- your tired and frightened form successfully arrived at the kitchen. No one has caught you yet...

"Not this... not that. What's this? No that won't do!" Your voice whispers as you fumble through all the food available. But nothing caught your eye of interest.
"Maybe this!" You almost yell in triumph once you spot a fruit tin in the back of the cupboard, it's exterior desperately attempting to hide in the darkness after you lay devouring eyes on it.
You were so focused on reaching the tinned glory that you hadn't noticed a pile of metal pans stacked right beside you. Your arm accidentally clipped the edge of one of the pans causing it to tumble form it's neat stack- and soonly enough, the rest of the metal followed to create a mess on the floor. The loud noise echoed throughout the dimly lit, barren kitchen.

"Shit!" You hiss aloud. Quickly gathering to the ground. Hopefully no one heard or was awakened.

Your hands grab a few pans each and awkwardly lifted the pans off the ground with some trouble. A stray pan that was barely being held by you, fell away. You reflexes kicked in and you went to grab it-
"Hey!" A voice suddenly yelled. Breaking you away from the trouble you caused briefly.
The pan you tried to catch hit the ground with a ear piercing *clang!*.
You winced slightly. Still holding onto the remainder of the other pans.

"What do you think your-

The voice cut short once the kitchen light illuminated the once darkened room, brightening the atmosphere only by a little. But enough to see. The person's hand frozen on the lights switch-
And your heart immediately came to a stop at the sight of the owner to the all too familiar voice... Louis.

•••

"Uhmm..." you stutter. Backing away slightly before messily dropping the pans to its previous spot on the bench.
"What- What are you doing here?" Your voice trembles a little, desperation filled its tone as you tried to sound confident.
Louis stares shocked- "I'm on patrol.." he murmurs, his hand finally leaving the perimeter of the light switch.
"Then I heard a loud set of noises. My first thought was an intruder.. aha" Louis awkwardly finished his sentence, changing his posture a little bit.