Ch 37: Guilt,

< imagine: it was like any other day, however, a certain someone was having it different. A boy struggling from the binds of the past, guilt was all he felt.
You comfort him and share your past... connecting more with Louis.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
• You were fishing with AJ. It was going okay up until he kept missing the fish with his spear that things started to get bumpy. AJ was getting agitated, growling words under his breath every time he messed up.
• He tried one last time before huffing and throwing his spear to the ground, he suddenly looked up at you expectedly.
• "can I swear?" AJ pleaded.
You stared at him with wide eyes, you were horrified! "W-what? AJ, no-
"Clem never let's me swear. Well she has sometimes..."
• "you don't need to swear.. besides, if you keep trying then you might get a fish" you try to stay collected and calm. An 8 yr old asking you for permission to swear was so shocking to you!

• "we've been doing this for hours and only you've caught stuff." AJ groaned.
You spear a fish just as he says that...
An awkward laugh escaped your throat while you quickly depose the fish into your bucket.
"Well I'm afraid Marlon wouldn't be happy with the amount we have now.." you peer into the bucket with a sigh.
Marlon always finds something to yell at you about- and the main thing is that you apparently never catch enough on either a hunt or fishing trip.
• you were sick of his constant bickering, so today you were determined to get more fish to bring back to the school, though, the amount of fish you have right now would still probably be not enough to Marlon's high standards. And since it was you, of course Marlon would think nothing you did was right.

• "fuck him." AJ growled
You gasp and almost drop your spear.
"AJ! I didn't say yes to swear!!"
AJ looked up at you innocently, "relax, it was only one word. Also don't you hate Marlon?"
• You hesitate before slowly nodding at his words. "See, I swore for you."
"AJ that's not how it works-

"Anyway, when can we head back?"
You swallow back your slight anger.
This boy never learns!
"Aren't you going to attempt at fishing some more?" You ask as calm and sweetly as you could.
• AJ shook his head with a disgusted face, "no way! I regret even coming on this trip"

• You raise an eyebrow. "Well I don't regret spending time with you, it's just the stupid fishing part" AJ quickly added.
You giggle while picking up your metal bucket, "alright, I suppose we've done enough fishing for one day. Are you ready to go?"

AJ eagerly nods. "I've been ready for hours!"
You laugh at his enthusiasm as he strode ahead, placing both his and your spear back in the shed before walking out and down the path. You quickly pick up his bucket as well- and to your relief, there was a few fish he caught.
"AJ! Wait up!" You urgently picked up your pace.

• You were worried for his safety, though, you knew fully well that he could look after himself perfectly fine. There are plenty of times where he's saved you from being Walker food- He was trained well that's for sure.
Louis would always tease you about an 8 yr old saving your life.. but deep down Louis is also glad AJ is there to watch your back, just in case a Walker sneaks up.

"You're going too fast!" You chirp worriedly.
"Don't be so slow then!" AJ hollered back but not loud enough to attract any walkers attention. You grin as you finally reach him, trying not to drop the buckets.

"Look, we're here" AJ smiled bright as he ran towards the schools gates, eager to get a good rest.
You sigh with content while walking shortly through the gates as well- earning a wave from Violet who was seated up on top of a watch tower, you friendly return a wave back.
You head over to Omar who carefully took your bucket as well as AJ's, after exchanging a few words- you tense once hearing heavy footsteps and a dog barking.