Ch 44: 'I love you too.',

Imagine: Louis was no longer the same guy. He had a terrible experience at the Delta- now lacking a tongue. You felt bad for him... so you decide to spend more of your time by his side.
You manage to lift his spirits, him being grateful to have you caring for him in this terrible time. After spending time with him—
You begin to admit feelings for him.. which at first you denied liking him.. however, soon... that changed.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
• "Louis!" Cried out Clementine, eagerly motioning for him to come over where she was standing.
The said male flashed a smile before hopping to his feet and hurrying over to her. "AJ got a hold of Chairles" Clem sighed in annoyance. Pointing tiredly to the boy who was running around threatening people with the chair leg.
• Louis merely shrugged, about to walk away-
"Are you seriously gonna let him swing that thing around all day?" The girl grabbed his collar to prevent him from moving any further.
• Louis shook his head and pointed at Clem, then over to AJ- he moved his two fingers as if they were walking along and then clapped his hands together.

• Clementine sighed, "I know... I should be the one disciplining him. But he hasn't listened to me!"
• Louis tilted his head in confusion.
"Everyday he gets older.. the less he'll listen to me- honestly I'm dreading the day he becomes a teen" Clem rubbed her forehead with a groan.
Louis sympathetically smiled at her and patted her shoulder softly, 'I'll go.' He mouthed.
• Thankfully the girl could lip-read and nodded gratefully- "Thanks Louis. Maybe he'll listen to you instead" she said with hope.

You watched all this happen from afar, a small grin rising to your face.
While Louis wearily approached AJ who had stopped to take a breather- standing near Tenn. "you gotta learn to fight back Tenn. otherwise you won't survive in this world" the boy scolded Tenn who shivered and trembled.
"I-I.. don't want to hurt a-anybody..." he stuttered with a frown.
Louis clapped his hands to make a noise so that AJ would be interrupted from having a remark for the poor innocent boy.

"Oh.. hey Louis!" AJ's face lit up, immediately hiding Chairles behind his back with an awkward smile.
Louis simply waved- offering a kind and sympathetic smile to Tenn, before soon walking around AJ to effortlessly grip on the chair leg before pulling it out of AJ's grasp.
"Hey! I was just having fun!!" AJ whined, jumping up with his arms outstretched- desperate to reclaim Chairles into his hands.

Louis gave a 'are you serious?' expression before shaking his head with a hand in the air as if to silence the boy.
"But-

Louis cut AJ off by turning him around and pointing towards the tyre swing.
"The swing?" AJ questioned.
Louis gave a feeble nod, motioning to Chairles and shaking his head- then pointing over to the tyre swing and smiling with a thumbs up, nodding along once again.
AJ scrunched up his face in annoyance, "yea but it gets boring after awhile" he argued.

Louis sighed loudly and placed his hands on his hips- peering down at AJ with a stern yet expectant look.
AJ shifted under the older males gaze uncomfortably, "okay fine! Jeez stop giving me that look" the boy was obviously creeped out, giving in completely and storming off to the tyre swing where Clementine gave a smile of relief- "Thank you!" She hollered to Louis.
Louis nodded, giving a thumbs up with a silent chuckle, shaking his head upon seeing AJ's grumpy expression whilst he was getting pushed on the swing by Clem.
A smile brought to Louis' face.

"T-thank you as well..." Tenn shyly said before stumbling off somewhere.
Warm sensations filled Louis' heart- he felt proud of himself.
For the first time since losing his tongue, he had managed to communicate with people without a single problem! Everyone understood him perfectly fine.
Maybe he wouldn't have to worry about his situation anymore..