Ch 29: Nightmares,

< imagine: it was a stormy night and dinner was horrible. You go to your room in hopes of peace and quiet- to get some sleep as well.
But things that haunt everyone, have made an appearance... nightmares.

• Today was just utterly horrible. You had caught only a few fish when fishing because apparently you were too slow to nail target. It made you furious! AJ was with you and he wasn't doing any better than you were.. he was giving up on fishing too. When you two returned to the school basically empty handed yet again, you already expected to be scolded. Louis reassured you that it wasn't that big of a deal, but it was to you- and Marlon who was shaking his head and cursing under his breath.
• you could already see the Blonde heading his way over to you. "Don't worry. I'll talk to him" Louis smiles warmly to you.
You shake your head, "no, no.- I want to hear what this asshat has to say" You sneer, dropping the metal bucket at your feet with a clank and crossing your arms.
• AJ looked curiously up at you, pondering if he should call you out for your choice of language but he decided against it once seeing your angered expression.

• "caught nothing I presume? Like always." Marlon scoffed as he placed his hands on his hips —a common stance he took— and looked at you with disgust.
"Hey! I tried my best alright? It's not like the fish will listen to me and hop right into the bucket!" You raise your voice angrily. Louis quickly placed a hand on your shoulder in attempt to calm you down, you had the urge to shake it off but you couldn't be bothered at this point.
• "oh yeah? Shame I don't believe that." Marlon replied coldly.
You felt your blood boil with rage as you step closer to him, fuming you point a finger at him- "look, I'm already in a bad mood I-

"Hey Marlon!! I'm the one you'd want to be talking to" AJ quickly interrupted, waving an arm in the air as if to beckon Marlon over to him.
• "and why's that?" Marlon asked, completely forgetting about how close you were to laying a fist to his face.
• AJ looked really nervous as he inhaled a deep breath, "I'm the reason why she caught nothing!" He said quickly but audibly.
Louis' hold on your shoulder loosens and soon let's go as silence roamed around you all.

"What??" Marlon sputtered out, "what do you mean by that?"
AJ once again took in a breath.. "I was distracting her because I was bored, I-... I'm sorry. Don't blame her! Blame me" he said sincerely.
You could feel all the anger that was just captivating you, disappear...
what is AJ doing?

• "AJ? Is this true??" Louis spoke up in shock. The boy nodded to the question and prepared to be yelled at by Marlon, .. but nothing came.
Marlon just stared at him in disbelief- "Are you kidding with me right now? Is this a lie to save her skin!" He yelled suddenly. AJ almost caved in but stood his ground, "no. I'm telling the truth- I was being a distraction and that's why she couldn't catch anything" he explained confidently.
But that isn't the truth... why was he lying for me?
You thought confusedly.

• Louis changed from shocked so slightly annoyed. "Dude, that isn't cool." He frowned.
AJ looked down to the ground, frowning also, "I-I know... but it won't happen again! I promise"

"It better not." Marlon growled, "I'll give you a warning AJ.. but next time I'll have no choice but to ban you from attending fishing"
AJ's eye widened as he almost squealed out of happiness, "o-okay! Don't worry, I won't distract her anymore!!"
You couldn't help but smile a little at AJ's kindness... he had stuck up for you so that you didn't get punished from Marlon.
You'd have to thank him later on...

Marlon huffed and sighed as he trudged off with a scowl. What an idiot...
you thought to yourself.

Louis' frown broke into a smile, "Well thank you for admitting you wrongdoing" he nudged AJ playfully. The boy lightly laughed as he moved away, "I have to a-aton, atone? For my mistakes" he stuttered at the word 'atone' which only made you smile more.
"You did good" you said, giving him a knowing wink.