Ch 47: You matter,

< imagine: boyfriend? Check. Friends? Check.
Safe and secure home? Check. Still not bitten? check. ...Self-confidence?? ............
Yea.. unfortunately that's the only thing you lack. But how would your boyfriend react when he finds out you constantly put yourself down?
You soon find out, much to your despair.

——/////////———

•••••••••••••••••••======•••••••••••
• Ugh, when will this day end? It feels like it's been forever! And that's not an understatement.
Your body hurts all over and you've had orders barked at you nonstop from a certain mullet wearing blonde. Does he not see you're trying your best??
• "Y/n I swear to god. How hard is it to catch at least one fish?" There he goes again.
You ignore his words and turn to Violet in one swift movement, "remind me again why he had to come with us?" You subtly point a thumb in his direction.
Violet shook her head with a shrug, "he has nothing better to do I guess.."

• "stop whispering! If you have something to say, say it to my face." Marlon scoffed with distaste.
Jeez man.. does he have to watch you like a goddamn hawk?
Violet sighed, pulling her spear back from the water. "Oh, we were just talking about girl stuff. We had no idea you'd wanna hear about our monthlies!" She winked and snickered. "didn't think you'd wanna hear about that kind of stuff, but be our guest." after those last words tumbled out of her mouth- you slapped a hand over your mouth in shock, meanwhile,
Marlons face immediately flushed red, from both embarrassment and anger. "Y-You!" He pointed a finger.
Violet raises an eyebrow expectedly, "Yes?" She inquired with clear amusement.
• you stifled your own laughter once he stormed off without another word. Rosie whimpering and trotting at his heels
"Hah! What a joke" Violet cackled.

"That got rid of him pretty quick!" You chip in.
"I knew it would. Anything to do with girl stuff, he'll bolt." The Blonde shook her head, still laughing along with you.
• "think of it as his weakness, more or less." She nudged her elbow into your side.
You giggle, "welp, he was asking for it"
Violet nodded thoughtfully.
"Hey by the way- how many fish did you catch?"
You look into your bucket with a sullen look, "three. I couldn't really concentrate with his constant staring and yelling" you let out a sad sigh.
• Violet hummed in response, standing up and dusting herself off. "Here," she held out her hand, to which you gladly took- and was soon pulled to your feet.

"I caught about twelve" she announced proudly. Your shoulders instantly dropped, feeling like a loser. "But hey, that means I can swap some of mine to you" Violet lowered her tone as if someone was listening in.
You felt a little better now, "Wait, what? R-really?"
The Blonde laughed a little before putting a hand on your shoulder, "of course! That drenched-rat will have nothing to say once he sees your bucket"
You smile gratefully, glad you had someone looking out for you. "Thanks..." you say quietly, feeling shy all of a sudden.

"Don't sweat it. Think of this as payment for keeping me company on these fishing trips" she waved it off, stooping to her bucket and spear-  beginning to sort out some fish and tipping them into your bucket.
You still couldn't help but feel guilty. But she had already explained to you just then, that it was perfectly fine.
"Hah, now you have six fish" Violet smiled warmly at you. You look into her bucket and frown, "but now you have nine fish..." guilt rising back to you. (Lol, I'm not good at math. Soz)

Violet rolled her eyes, "like I said, don't worry about it! It's me giving back to you" She picked up both your buckets and handed you, yours.

You smile back at her, with immense gratitude. "Thanks again.." you shyly murmur. The Blonde laughed, giving your shoulder a friendly shove- "you got it."