Ch 38: Too late,

< Imagine: You had a hard time connecting with people, leading to having trouble speaking and making friends. You had found a school deep within a forest- and that's where your home would be. Louis, a quite funny and charming guy had caught your eye. He liked you...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
• You groggily opened your eyes, darkness only filling your vision. "Where... where am I?" You croak out confusedly while forcing yourself to sit up.
• you could feel the surface beneath you shift at a steady yet unsteady pace- rocking backwards and forwards as if you were on a boat. Wait...
Were you on a boat!?

The atmosphere was filled with odd creaks of wood after every movement the 'boat' made. At least you're convinced that you are indeed on a a boat. But it doesn't add up!
You remember waking up in a carriage, being towed by horses- Louis, Omar and Aasim were also there with you.
• Was it all a dream?
Where were you going at that time??

• however it doesn't matter now... you were now somewhere else than a poorly built carriage/cell thing.
A boat. Maybe a ship? You're definitely on water you know of much.

You hear disheveled grunting from the other side of the room, peaking your attention.
"H-hello?" You timidly call out, feeling around to realise you were backed up into a corner.
The grunting turned into whimpers... desperate and sounded as if they were in a great amount of pain.
• "Who's there..?" You ask shakily. The whimpering halted but soon returned, however, returning more distressed this time.

You decide to make a bold move by moving away from the comfort of the wall.
Slowly inching closer to the whimpers that weren't too far away.
"I mean no harm." You softly whisper. Hoping to calm the unknown person.
You reach the dim light coming in from a window high up- giving just enough light to see around. Your eyes adjusting until they caught on to a hunched over figure in the opposite corner.

"Are you okay?" You ask. Mentally criticising yourself afterwards... it was obvious they weren't alright!

"Hey... can you hear me??" Maybe they couldn't hear..
Your suspicions diminished when the person slowly scooted around to look at you- eyes widening once catching a glance.
"Louis!?" You call out surprised, yet extremely worried.
Of course it was him! How could you not have noticed... that damn trenchcoat he always wears was right in front of you.
Louis however turns back around and buried his head into his arms that were rested upon his knees.

He was crying.. and he wasn't speaking.
"Talk to me..." you say sadly. Concerned as to why Louis was acting the way he was.

Suddenly, a large amount of gurgles and gasps escaped from him. But before he could turn around- a loud bang echoed from a door.
"Shut up! How can you still be a nuisance, even without a tongue." A gruff voice growled.
W-what....?
No-
You crank your gaze to a door, complete with bars and a tall person standing outside scowling behind it.
A shotgun rested on their shoulder as their eyes flicked from you and Louis, "What? Don't act surprised. He had it coming with all the nonstop talking" they simply said before walking off with a maniacal chuckle.
Louis' whimpers and muffled cries increased after hearing that strangers menacing voice- he was breathing heavily as fear tore him apart.
"L-Louis? Is it true..." you slowly say, shock in your tone. However he couldn't respond with words, he still gave a big nod while he calmed down a bit.
Tears pricked your eyes as you stared at his back- pain aching in your chest. Heart wrenching and your hands covering your mouth with a silent cry.
"I'm so sorry..." you manage to choke out in between hyperventilating.

Louis...
A guy who loved to sing while playing the piano. A guy who lived mostly of making jokes and making people laugh and smile no alter the situation. He made the apocalypse so much better... less scarier.
If he weren't doing any of those things-
His time would be spent mostly on impressing you.