Ch 50: Motivation, Part: 1

Imagine: Recently you've been feeling down.. unable to move or get out of bed to do anything. You felt drained of energy constantly, a heavy weight burdened in your chest.
Your neighbour, Louis, however... noticed something was up, and he would do anything to get you back to your old self.

• Au: Modern AU

••••••••••••••••••••••••••
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
• you let out a heavy sigh, your eyes still fixated on the same spinning ceiling fan that caught your attention when you first awoke.
• your limbs refused to move, keeping your body still and unable to move. The rain pitter patting on the roof of your house normally would calm you.. but today, it was just mere background noise as your thoughts took the opportunity to pounce.
You sigh again, feeling a dull ache in your stomach while it rumbled desperately for some sort of nutrition.
• "go away." You mumble to nothing in particular. You just wanted the pain to end... you wanted to feel alive again.

A strike of thunder finally caught your attention, your eyes slowly swerving to focus on the curtain covered window. You couldn't even manage to jump or squeak every time another set of plundering thunders coursed across the vast and wide sky. Which was., odd for you since storms would always put you on edge..
But today?
• your body decides it wasn't worth the effort to react to your dreaded fear of rainstorms.

• it had been weeks now... weeks since you last stepped outside. Weeks since you last took a decent shower. Days since you last had a proper meal. A year since you had felt true happiness. You no longer harbour the power to be motivated...
You just wanted everything to end. You want to feel full and lively again.. however, you fear it might be impossible.
• And with that final thought, the weight in your chest only increased as you let out yet another heavy sigh, and your eyelids had finally eased closed- sleep soon disconnecting you from the world and reality entirely.

••••••••••••••
Louis' POV:

"Yes, yes." I nod, a piece of buttered toast between my teeth as I struggled to hold the phone with my shoulder and ear while making a warm cup of coffee. "I know Violet- 'no jokes and goofing around, otherwise I'll ruin the party for everyone'  got it." I sigh, shaking my head stiffly as much as I could with a phone balanced.

I look up at the clock crookedly hung on the kitchen wall, "so I'll see you in an hour?" I said in between chews, the blonde on the other end immediately growling in disgust.
"Ugh yeah." She groaned through the phone.
I grinned in triumph, "aw what's wrong?" I tease, making sure to chew way more exaggerated to prove a point.
I could only imagine Violet holding the phone as far as she could away from her ear- "gross.." she sneered.
"Mmm" I hum, still chewing obnoxiously loud.

"Okay, stop. You aren't doing an asmr" Violet tiredly protested.

"I am a man of many talents—

"Alright, goodbye Louis!" The blonde urgently bid farewell as she hung up.

I pull the phone away from my ear and chuckle to myself. "Another win" I sang happily, placing the phone back on its charger and finally finishing the toast that I had been holding and chewing on for the past few minutes. I go to walk to my bedroom, thinking that I should probably get ready to go to the party now, so I won't be late. Besides, Marlon wants to meet up with me halfway to Violets house so I had to hurry. However... before I could even reach my bedroom door-
I stop in my tracks, confused as a sound of scratching splintered at my front door.

I turn on my heel, slowly making my way back down the hall as the scratching became more urgent and loud.
I walk through the kitchen, making my way over to the front door- quickly looking through the peephole before hesitatingly opening the wooden shaft.