Ch 27: Bitten,

< imagine: you were set out to go hunting. Since Marlon believed you were lazy, he gave you the job to retrieve food.
And of course, you love a challenge and want nothing but to prove him wrong.
You weren't lazy. and he had to find out.

• you finish your breakfast with a sigh.
Today was going to be horrible...
Marlon and Brody has decided that you had to go hunting today with Aasim. Not a good combination really...
You two fought like cats and dogs!
Why did anyone think it would be a good idea to pair you with each other!!
• You reluctantly glance at the gates to see Aasim already standing there, crossed arms and tapping his foot impatiently.
You internally groan at this as you slowly stand up from the bench table, stretching your arms in the process to take more time up.

You really weren't looking forward to this...

• After placing your bowl in the kitchen, you quickly grab the necessary weapons to hunt.
You could only imagine how mad Aasim was at this point. After all, you had purposely kept him waiting..
Your feet hurry down the stairs and jog over to the infuriated male- "What took you so long." He snarled as he ripped your weapon— which was a bow and arrows— out of your hand and trashed it to the ground, "h-hey! What was that for!!" You yell timidly, cursing under your breath since he was taller than you- if he had been the same height as you or even shorter then you would have gave him a good slap across the face.
• "You're wasting my time." Aasim said matter of factly.

• You puff your cheeks out in rage,
"You-
"Sorry to interrupt, but Aasim, how about you pick up her bow and hand it back to her" a hand rested on your shoulder, you relax slightly once realising whose it belonged to.
"Ugh, fuck off Louis." Aasim growled, once again folding his arms together.
• Louis chuckles and pulls you into a back hug, immediately flushing your cheeks to a red hue.
"Louis!-

"Not until you apologise like a gentle man, or else.." Louis once again cut you off, You didn't  mind however. But what you did mind was the hug he was giving you in front of so many eyes.
You couldn't move, though, as his hold on you was stubbornly strong.
Aasim smirked shaking his head, "or else what?" He scoffed.
• You could practically feel the grin radiating off Louis, "or else.. I'll tell Ruby you have a big crush on her!"

Aasim's face immediately drops at this, his body visibly tensing. "You wouldn't.. don't you dare!" He inhaled sharply as worry flooded through him.
Of course, Louis was loving the desperation of Aasim- "apologise and then I won't tell her. Easily done"
• Aasim glared back as he withdrew another breath; he muttered a 'fine' and you knew Louis would have heard it but he kept on pushing it. "Oh? What was that?" He teased, holding a hand to his ear leaning slightly forward. Only adding more weight onto you-

Dammit Louis.. let go of me you big lump of lard. You thought frustratedly.
"I said.. FINE!" Aasim yelled, birds possibly flying out of trees after this. "Tch.. I'm sorry." He spat out forcefully. "There I did the stupid apology! Now don't tell Ruby anything."
• "Ah that's better. See? It wasn't that hard" Louis continues to pester. "Oh and you have my word. I won't say a word to her" he winks.
Aasim just shakes his head but surprisingly doesn't say another word, storming off out the gates not once waiting for you to catch up.

You sigh and squirm around in Louis' arms.
"Okay, you can let go now.." you mumble hastily. But all Louis does is nuzzle his head into the nape of your neck, sending shivers down your spine.
"Louis stop.. you know Marlon will get angry if I don't go hunting today, and if Brody also found out... you know what would happen then"
You reluctantly pull away from him successfully.

Louis frowns and immediately crossed his arms, why does everyone do that?

"I don't trust Aasim to take care of you.." he muttered, adverting his gaze.
You sigh and shake your head, "you don't need to worry, I can take care of myself easily" you assure, though, he still had doubt.
"I... I just don't want you getting hurt" he looked back at you with a light blush.
"And I won't." You say with confidence, unraveling his arms and wrapping them around yourself as you pull him into a secure bear hug.
He returned the embrace after hesitating, holding tightly as if he was afraid he'd lose you.