When you try out for High School softball

Today was softball tryouts and you were extremely nervous. Sure you had been on a softball team and you've had experience, but this was different. This was High school. There was now a JV and a varsity team and obviously you wanted in on the varsity team.

     You were in the locker room getting dressed and putting your equipment together. You kept telling yourself that everything was going to be ok and that you would make the team but...Carligh was trying out as well.

      You turned to go leave but you bumped into someone. You looked up and saw Carligh and her little friends right behind. You sighed and looked at her, she had a sly smirk. They all laughed.

     "So you're trying out too? What a joke! Hahaha, what makes you think you'll make it on the team!? This is too good! You'll never even be good enough to be on the JV team hahaha!"

       You put your head down slightly. They all shoved past you to leave the locker room. You sighed once more and closed your locker. Maybe she was right. Maybe you aren't good enough.

       You trudged out of the locker room and you headed out for the softball field. You spotted Bella and smiled slightly. You both hugged and had some small talk before tryouts start.

       Finally the coach arrived and gave instructions on what everyone was going to do. "Alright ladies, my name is coach Liz!, I will be guiding you with the tryouts today so right now I want you to pick a partner!" You and Bella both looked at each other and smirked. "Now I want you all to jog 2 laps around the field so hustle up!" You both did as coah Liz said and hurried to do your laps.

      You eventually finished, with 1 pair of girls ahead of you, you were pretty proud considering there's about 8 or 9 pairs still running.

      After everyone had eventually finished the small jog, the next part was fielding. You all lined up and got ready. Coach Liz was at home ready to hit grounders while everyone else was at 3rd base. Some girls ahead of you went, some were successful and some were not. Bella went ahead and she caught the ball and threw it to the person waiting at 1st base. Coach Liz had a shocked look. I have to admit, Bella has a really good arm.

      It was now your turn and and you waited for the ball to come your way. You ran up to it, you scooped up the ball, but it fell out. You stuck with it and threw a perfect throw. You walked back to the line and you heard giggles from none other than Carligh and her friends. You chose to ignore and met up with Bella at the end of line.

    "Hey it's ok (y/n), you'll do better on the other drills!"

    "I hope so."

     You were all now catching pop ups and surprisingly a lot of girls were dropping them or back away from them. It was Bellas turn and she successfully completed it. It was your turn now and coach Liz popped it into the air. It accidentally went a little towards 2nd base, so you ran and dived for it. You successfully caught it and threw it in.
"Nice job (y/n)!", coach Liz said. You smiled and walked back in line. Eventually it was time for a speed test.

       "Alright ladies, i'm going to say start and each of you will run around the bases as fast as you can!" Girls got into line and we began.

     All these girls were really fast. It was sad cause one girl fell, hurt her leg and had to be escorted out into the dugout. It was Bellas turn and she ran really fast. It was my turn now. She said start and I ran as fast as my feet could take me. I smiled and once again fell back in line. "Ok im going to read off the top 3 run times."

      "3rd fastest time was Bella, 2nd fastest was Carligh, and 1st was miss (y/n)!" You smiled and hugged Bella.

       Last part of the tryouts were batting. Some girls went and there were some hits, not very many though. Carligh went and missed all but one. You snickered but then felt a pair of cleats hit your leg, you winced in pain. Bella spoke up.

     "Hey you can't do that to her!"

     She smirked and fell into the line. It was Bellas turn and she hit all of them, you congratulated her and walked up to home plate. You got into your batting stance and got ready. The first pitch was thrown and you hit it, following more, and on your last 2 you hit one to the fence and the very last one was over the fence. You were happy because no one else had done that.

       "Alright ladies this concludes the softball tryouts, the results will be posted in the locker room tomorrow." You went to the Locker room,packed up, and left to go back home.

     "Hey Bella, you wanna just sleepover?"

     "Yeah sure!"

      You both eventually arrived at your house and you were greeted by your dad who was on the couch and your uncle who was making spaghetti as usual.

"heya kid."

"HELLO (Y/N), HELLO (Y/N)'S FRIEND!"

"Hey everyone!"

"Hello Mr.Sans and Papyrus!"

"hey kiddo, something happen at tryouts?"

"Huh?"

"your leg looks like it was bleeding, there's dried up blood."

       You looked down to indeed see some dried up blood. It was when Carligh kicked you with her cleats. Bella started to speak but you put a hand over her face to shut her up.

"Oh she has blood on her leg because-"

"I fell diving for the ball. I should have been more careful."

       Your dad had a face of confusion but decided to not further the question.

       You all later ate dinner,showered and watched a little bit of Mettatons show before heading to bed because you had school the next day.

****I have softball tryouts this month and I'm so excited!!!****