Barrier?

It's been a few months since the incident, and you're doing significantly better. Sure, you still have your moments where you get really depressed and want to stay cooped up in your room, but your dad drags you out to do some stuff to get it off your mind.

          Today was one of those days. You felt emotionally drained and stayed in your blanket roll as you tried to get Charas voice out of your head. Your dad had called you several times for breakfast but you didn't bother coming down so it was no suprise when your dad popped in your room.

             He looked at you tucked into your blanket, he sighed and sat next to you on the bed, stroking your hair.

              "feeling under the weather hun?"

               You nodded your head and tucked yourself into a ball.

               "hey, let's go for a walk, you can tell me what's bothering you."

                "I don't feel like getting up dad..."

                 "i know you don't (y/n), but you have to force yourself. trust me, moping in your room all day won't help anything. so, let's go for a walk okay?"

                 You turned to face him, and gave a slight nod. He got up to give you privacy to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~TIME SKIP~~~~~~~~~~~~

           You and your dad were in waterfall. You rolled your pants up and put your bare feet in the water, both of you were admiring the ceiling and the neon blue water.

          You looked at your dad, he looked so exhausted. You once again felt really guilty for making him go through all of this. You let a tear slip. Your dad looked at you concerned.

          "Dad...I-I'm sorry I make you worry about me so much...I know I'm not worth it but-."

          "(y/n), don't you ever say that. since the day i found you and took you in, you became my responsibility, and i wouldn't change that for anything. apart of me feels guilty for not noticing the signs before... i could have helped you sooner."

           "Dad, please, don't blame yourself. It's the bullies. They decided to treat me like this for no reason."

           You sat in silence for a few moments before you spoke again.

           "Hey dad, about this Chara person, who are they? Why are they messing with me? They never want to explain everything."

            "chara, is the first human to fall into the underground."

            "The first? You mean there were others besides me?"

            "yes, see there's a barrier that's keeping us all trapped here from the surface. with enough human souls, we could break the barrier. but we don't have enough human souls to do so. we need one more to break it."

              "Heh, that makes me feel all the better. You guys could just kill me and be free, so why don't you?"

                "i will never let them do that! i'd rather be stuck down here for eternity than to loose you."

                "So how did they become tangled in this mess?"

                 "chara climbed mount ebott for an unhappy reason, and  chara hated humanity."

                  "after falling into the underground, chara was taken in by tori and asgore as a second child along with their child named asriel. and monsters spoke of how chara filled the underground with hope. one day, chara became ill from consuming buttercups. after their death, chara's soul was absorbed by asriel, and they shared control over a body. chara carried their own corpse across the barrier and wanted to use their full power. asriel resisted chara, which ultimately led to the humans killing the fusion of the two souls."

           "So, why are they associating with me? I- I've seen so many resets. I've seen so many people die... I've seen you die."

             "i don't know sweetie, but i know frisk has something to do with this."

              You sat in silence, taking in all of this information and thinking of a plan. You knew you were going to have to fight Frisk. It was the only way."