Volume 1, Chapter 0 - "Bad Luck"

Prepare yourself for quite a special tale. This particular one is about an average young boy, named (Y/N) (L/N), who was one of the different kids at his school. He wasn't very popular but was happy with what he had, "one good friend is all I need" were his thoughts as he passed through his life. Now, this boy may not have been expected to turn out like he did but this is what this story's all about.

(No one's P.o.V)

Our story starts with (Y/N) sleeping soundly in his bed, only a few small noises passing his lips. The sun slightly illuminated his bedroom through his drawn curtains, like a Victorian lantern in a dark cave. The alarm clock at the side of his bed then started buzzing loudly and woke (Y/N) up very slowly, much to his annoyance.

(Y/N's P.o.V)

(Y/N): "Ugh... just five more minutes! Huh?"

I looked over to my alarm clock and saw that it had just passed seven-thirty a.m. I then realised that it was Monday morning, the bane of my existence! Monday morning signaled the end of my short forty-eight hours of freedom before I had to go back to school. I then heard my door open and saw my mum had entered my room and drawn the curtains, letting the bright sun blind what little vision I had left from my state of sleep.

(Y/N): "Mum? Come on!"

Mum: "Come on (Y/N), get up. You're gonna be late."

(Y/N): "Ok ok. I'll be down in a minute."

She then left the room and shut the door behind her, leaving me to get ready for school. I turned on my radio for a bit, which started playing Keep on Movin'. I then stood up my Ruby Rose vinyl figure that had fallen over in the night and repositioned it with my figures of Weiss, Blake and Yang in order to complete the set. Yes I am a fan of RWBY, well I kind of have my best friend (BF/N) to thank for that since he was the one who introduced me to it. As soon as I watched the first episode, I immediately fell in love with it! Mind you, I'm not surprised I did, I'm a massive fan of many Animes and shows like that. Although, I couldn't quite decide whether RWBY was classed as an Anime or not, its art style is in the style of Anime but it was created by an American entertainment company called Rooster Teeth. It was a question that I did not have time to answer so I just put on my school uniform, which consisted of a white shirt, black trousers, black shoes and a black blazer. I brushed my (h/c) hair and walked downstairs to quickly have my breakfast. I looked at the clock on the wall and my heart stopped, the time on my alarm clock was wrong! The time was eight-thirty a.m!

(Y/N): "... Crap... crap!"

Mum: "What's wrong (Y/N)?"

(Y/N): "What's wrong? WHAT'S WRONG?! Have you seen the time?!"

Mum: "But... your alarm clock-"

(Y/N): "My alarm clock's slow! I've only got five minutes to get to school now! Oh my God!"

I grabbed my bag, slung it over my shoulder, grabbed a piece of toast to eat and ran out the front door. I saw my dad looking over the engine in the car, he always liked to tinker with it. He saw me and looked confused.

Dad: "You're going now son? I thought you'd already left?"

(Y/N): "Can't talk now Dad, in a rush!"

I ran straight past my dad and out onto the streets. I ran through every single street, dodging all of the people that were going about their day as I dashed uncontrollably through their path of movement, while eating the toast in my hand. The sun was shrouded in a blanket of fog that day, casting a dark shadow over (Hometown/N), which was the place I called home. I soon arrived at my school but, as soon as I had entered the Mathematics Building for First Period, I saw my teacher Miss. Devon waiting at the door of my classroom, she was one of the more... stricter teachers in the school and getting into trouble with her was one of the worst things I could have ever imagined.