Chapter 38 - I'm not mad at you

Isabella Clark

The sound of the door being closed caught my attention when I am in the living room, I'm drinking a juice by my own. My eyes look up at him who's just arrived back from work, he looks tired as always I can tell by the way his tie loosen up. His hazel brown eyes caught mine, I can see that he is so tired by the way his eyes looks at me too. But his attitude when he was in the office were un expectable, he was mad at Glenn even though he came to protect me.

"You mad at me?" His voice asked me before I look away to turn the tv off.

"I'm not mad at you," I said.

"But?" He asked.

"I feel like you shouldn't mad at Glenn," I said.

He stays in a silent before looking up at my eyes,

"Yea i know, I've apologized" he said.

He sit on the sofa right next to me, the room is full of silence. I am pretty sure that I don't mad at him, I feel more scared but I don't want to tell him cause I know he is going to be more and more protective.

I got up from the sofa then walk into our room, I don't know what to do there in the middle of silence. I'm not hungry and I feel like my body need some sleep after a long day that I have today.

"I'm tired," I said.

I make my way into the bedroom then close the door behind me, I take a breath and trying to make myself stay calm and relax. Even though it is so hard for me to swallow the truth that I'm not safe at all.

The crack on the door behind me surprised me, I turned my head around to found Alex on the door. He got in and his face was flat, I watch him walking closer to me before pulling me into a hug.

I stay in a silent before pulling him closer into my body, I feel safe and warm when he hugs me like this. His scent of manly cologne tingling around my nose, I close my eyes when I don't realize that a tear slowly fall from my eyes making my cheeks wet.

"I'm sorry" He said.

But I cannot reply to any of his words, I am shaking and crying. I feel scared but I cannot say it into a word.

His arms stays around my body while i cry on his shoulder, didn't think that my life would turn into this threatening scene like this. I just want to live with the person that I love in peace, but every time I have one there are always problems.

~

I open my eyes, the sun is already up in the sky and I saw Alex was sitting on the edge of the bed. He's already well dressed, he looks ready to go to his office but it seems like he's been waiting for me.

"Hey," he said.

"I thought you left," I said.

"I'm a little late, that's fine," He said.

"I hate to say it but I'm going to be late to come home," He said, my heart seems shaking when he said that.

But I have to be strong.

"But don't worry, as long as you stay here you'll be safe,"

"Luna and I have talked about it, she's going to stay here until I come home," He said and I felt a little more relief.

"Okay," I replied to him.

He got up then come closer to kiss me on the forehead,

"Now I gotta go," he said.

"Just call me when you need me, anytime even though it isn't an urgent," he said while brushing my head.

"Okay," I said.