Chapter 40 - Hangover

Isabella Clark

I lean on one of the desks right in front of our king size bed. I'm drinking an orange juice that I poured by myself this morning, I'm drinking it alone while waiting for Alex to get up.

I keep staring at him while shaking the glass on my hand to mix the juice in the glass until he finally wakes up. He slowly got up from the bed then lean onto the headboard. His eyes are closed it looks like he's having a hangover,

"There are an aspirin and a water next to you," I said and it makes him open both of his eyes.

I watch him being dizzy on the bed before decided to leave him alone in the room then go into the dining room to found that the breakfast is ready.

"Is he working today?" Luna asked me.

"I don't know," I said.

"It's pretty late already," She said before leaving me alone in the dining room.

I finished breakfast all by myself then sit on the living room watching the news on the tv until he suddenly walks down the stairs with his formal clothes on. I watch him fixing his coat while walking down the stairs, but he doesn't even throw a glance at me. He got into the elevator right away, skipping his breakfast again.

I let out a breath after watching his action these days, we've never really talked since we moved into his penthouse. I'm so confused with him but I'm still mad, there isn't even any thank you word from him.

I know I got an event to attend today in the town, I know I'm mad at Alex but in the situation like this, I have to tell him that I have an event to attend.

Bella Clark :
Alex, I have an event to attend you don't have to worry about me.

I left my phone then went to take a shower, I got into the bathroom. I look into the mirror with a heavy thought in my mind, my barefoot touch the cold floor before the water started to pour against my skin.

After I took a long relaxing shower I am finally ready to go, I walked down the stairs and I found Glenn and Luna are talking in the living room.

"Miss Clark," He said.

"Glenn?" I asked him.

"Mister Adams asked me to accompany you to your event," He said.

I check on my phone and guess what? He left me on read. Good job Alexander, you just confuse me more.

"Okay then," I said.

Glenn drove me by himself into one of the malls right in the center of the city, Kelsie said that she's going to be late cause she has to take Noah to a hospital. So I'll be there all by myself with the other model friends that being invited too.

Glenn never leave me alone he always stays in the room through the whole event, I met so many influencers that attend the event too. It is a makeup brand event so most of the guest are ladies. I met Claudia, one of the most famous influencers these days, she's so nice.

"I'm so sorry to hear what happened to you," she said.

"Haha I'm fine, thank you," I said.

"Would you like to say hi to my subscribers?" She asked me.

"Of course!" I said then she began to turn her camera on.