17

Lisa's POV

"What?" I whispered, avoiding the scrutinizing stares I kept on getting from my unnies.

We're in a dressing room for an Awards Show and we're just keeping our make up done.

"Did you two had a fight?" Jennie unnie crossed her arms over her chest, eyebrow-raising a little. She was studying my expression so I tried to show the fakest smile I can muster.

"No, what are you guys talking about?" I feign ignorance but Jisoo unnie raised her eyebrow even more.

"Taehyung told me Jungkook had been acting strangely for a week since they came back. He's easily pissed off and saw that he was trying to contact you on his phone but you weren't answering. Come to think of it, you weren't using your phone that much lately," she added.

"And, you're always out with your friends. You're not giving him a chance to see you at our dorm," Chaeyoung chimed in.

I grunted internally. What's with them cornering me like this?

"We're okay unnie. I promise," I smiled at them but deep inside I was cursing myself.

How do I tell them I was avoiding him because of those things circling over the internet?

After that happened, I mostly disregarded his occasional messages and attempts of talking with me over the phone.

The moment I saw clips of them arriving at the airport, I turned my phone off every now and then to avoid being contacted. I'd even call a few of my friends so I can go out with them. I knew he'd try to visit me at the dorm. By this time, I knew he's figured things out. But I don't have the courage to face him at this time.

This is my fault anyways. I let myself get tangled with him.

I should have backed away after the jacket incident.

I should have turned a blind eye after I saw how much he was hurting because of her. Because now, I'm at the receiving end of the hurt.

And damn it. Even after all this, after this pain, I still can't find myself to see him. Because I am afraid.

I am afraid he'd walk to me and tell me he'll come back to her.

I am afraid he'd stop seeing me because he's back at seeing her.

I was afraid he'd leave when he's not mine in the first place.

Stupid, I know.

"I'll just go and grab something to drink," I told them before standing up.  I didn't give them a time to protest as I swiftly made my way out of the room.

A long sigh escaped my lips.

I was about to walk when I heard someone clearing her throat.

"You seemed down, Manoban. Did the realization finally hit you?"

I turned autopilot at the sound of her annoying voice.

She was smiling like how she usually does over the camera. The sweet and idol-like image that everyone knows of her available for me to see.

She's confident to talk to me like this because we're located at a rather isolated place rather than the other dressing rooms.

"And I see you're still being delusional," I told her which made her smile immediately falter.

She may still have his heart but I got my pride to stand up with too.