48

Lisa's POV

"Jungkook, I'm sorry but that's utter bullshit. This is stressing me out," I grunted and the girls looked at my direction but I signaled them that I was fine but in all honesty, I want to stand up, get out of our fucking dorm and decide who I should confront, Sejeong or either of our company.

Fuck.

I didn't put up with all of Sejeong's shits just so they can break us apart.

I was about to snap a lot more unreserved words but his chuckles echoing from the other line stopped me.

Damn.

Before I knew it, I found my nerves calming down, the fire about to go wild in me starting to dance into the rhythm of his laughter. I tilted my head a little to keep me on track.

"Jungkook this isn't funny. Why were you even laughing?" I scoffed but somehow, a smile now emerged on my lips. Somehow, knowing that he can still laugh after all this means the situation must have been lighter than I see it. Well at least for him.

"Nothing. I wish I saw you when you went off like that," he answered still chuckling. He still thinks it's funny. Wait till I hit him.

"Sorry, but cupcake, of course, I'd slam that idea off the table. There's no way I'd let them break us apart. Even if it's for a show, I'd rather ask them not to answer than to hurt you and every one by lying," he answered and that made me smirk. This little piece of shit still has it, making my heart flutter this easy.

What would I do without you, Jeon?

"Then why did you have to tell those words to me earlier? You really wanna piss me off, don't you?" I pouted and again, he chuckled. This time, I just listened because damn laughter really brings music to my ears.

"Cupcake, I just want to update you about what they were talking about. I didn't know you'd go off before I can even finish. For the record, I was scolded for whining so much when they told me about it so same same baby,"

I laughed at his words. I can imagine him being a baby and whining about it. A real cute adorable one.

"So, what did they decided?"

I heard someone talking beside him and Jungkook made a hushing sound.

"Oh, our company already released a statement. Now, we just have to wait for yours to answer the incident with Sejeong,"

I was about to answer when I heard Jennie unnie cursing.

"Holy shit, they chickened out, didn't they?" I heard Jennie unnie exclaiming, my eyes now focused on the television. And there it shows the statement of their company stating that Sejeong never had a miscarriage and that it was false news.

"Why didn't they release that article the first day?" Chaeyoung mouthed and I sigh. "Now that BigHit released their statement, they were so eager to go out of this mess," she added.

They even released a statement that Sejeong was under stress and was apologizing for the incident that had happened with me.

"Okay, Lisa deserved a real apology,"

I chuckled how Jennie unnie kept ranting and Chaeyoung just goes on agreeing with her. So all in all, everything is settled in the media.

"Jesus, who pissed Jennie? I can literally hear her screaming from over here. I'm going to pray for Hoseok hyung's soul later - awww, hyung!" I heard him whine from the other line and I laughed. They were probably in their living room.

"I miss you..." I whispered. I miss him so much and now that I am able to hear his voice again, it fills in the strength I lost the past few days.

He got silent for a minute.

The world, it's always against idols like us. We train so hard, live our lives away from our family, restrict yourselves from doing things that would really make us happy at the expense of making those people who love us be happier. We get ridiculed for being skinny. We get bashed for being fat. Whatever we say, half of the people around us would twist them. Whatever photos we post, people will try to put meaning to it.

But they can't let us love the person we love. They can't fucking let us happy.

"You don't even know how crazy I had been these days because I can't get a hold of you. If it wasn't for our concerts, I would pack my bag and head to wherever the fuck you are," he whispered and my eyes closed immediately.

God, being away from him is excruciatingly painful. His smile, it's what keeps me going but all this mess is keeping us away from each other.

Why do they have to keep us away from each other?

"I love you..." he whispered and that ended everything.

"God, I wanna see you..." I told him and he grunted.

"Thank God I wanna see more than you wanna see me..." he chuckled.

"Huh?" I asked confused and then I heard it, the sound of the doorbell ringing.

"Open the door baby, before Hoseok hyung change his mind. He heard Jennie ranting and is now scared out of his wits - hyung!!! I'm going to tell you off to Yoongi hyung!"

What? No way...

My heart started beating faster. I have never felt this excited in my life. This is a different kind of excitement compared to when I go on stage or when I hear our fans chanting out our names, cheering us...

This is just, pure bliss.

I saw Chaeyoung marching her way to open the door and when it opened, I dropped my Samsung and took off the moment I saw Jungkook. He was wearing his black shirt and cargo pants, his face mask now pulled down while his long messy hair dances with his every movement.

He saw me and moved closer. I didn't care if our members were with us. I didn't care if I'd look too clingy.

As long as I am with him.

So I took off. I jumped straight to him, my arms clinging on his neck while my legs wrapped around his waist. Jungkook was quick enough to use his hands for support as he carries me.

There he is, my man.

I didn't know why but my lips started quivering, my face buried on the crook of his neck.

"Okay, I take that back. I think we miss each other equally," he chuckled and I bit his ear to tease him.

I clung into him.

"God, I miss you..." I whispered and he pulled me tighter.

"I'm here now cupcake... I got you..."