47

Lisa's POV

"I can't believe we get to have a good rest because of this," Chaeyoung chuckled, her body sprawled on the couch while the others do the same. I was on the bean bag on the floor though, Jennie unnie was searching for something to watch on the television.

Jisoo unnie was out, probably for that shoot, she needs to complete for that drama.

So, after the incident, I was called back at the office. I know this was a huge mess I was in. Considering the culture in Korea and the severity of the situation Sejeong was in, me being dragged into this mess is something our company would be shaken about.

If news came out that Sejeong went berserk on me, people will easily make assumptions that it has something to do with the recent news. And I wasn't wrong. Just a few minutes after the incident, articles linking our incident shows my connection towards the man they were suspected to be her supposed ex-boyfriend. And seeing how Sejeong had been shouting Jungkook's name last time, I wasn't surprised to see his name on the articles.

The articles consist of Sejeong hitting me and speculations that Jungkook and Sejeong may have separated because of me. Now, it's chaos. Not even sure how the fans are reacting but I am damn sure his fans were devasted.

I mean, fans are pretty much possessive and I won't be surprised to see most of them crying after they realized that Jungkook was in a relationship.

What's even worse is that he is now being named as Sejeong's ex-boyfriend.

Right now, I don't even have the slightest idea of what is happening with him.

And just when Jennie unnie turned the television to a news channel, our mouth went agape at the sight before us. Bangtan just arrived at the airport and now, the fans especially social media are all over them. The captions were a bit messy but it was obvious how the boys were pretty much crumbed altogether as they circled Jungkook who was obviously the reason for the sudden mob.

"Oh God, that's a mess. It's chaos and that's thrice of the normal amount of people they usually encounter," Chaeyoung said in worry.

The looks on the boys' faces were full of confusion. I have this feeling that they didn't know about what happened so they weren't prepared.

If they only gave me my phone, I could have warned him. I bit my lower lip in frustration.

It took them a long time before the staff and airport security were able to break through the crowd. I can see a lot of fans crying.

Damn.

"That wasn't live so the boys are either at their company or at home. This is so frustrating!" Jennie unnie hissed and for once, I wanted to be thankful she isn't rambling about her hate with Hoseok oppa. She must be worried too.

My eyes linger at Jungkook's confused face. I wonder what's on his mind.

Just then, we heard the door opening and soon enough, our manager came in. On her hands were our laptops, tablets, and our phones. I have never run this fast in my life and before she can even tell us what to do, we were all grabbing our stuff.

"Oh my God!" Chaeyoung was leaping and so was I.

The moment I took a hold of my phone, my excitement immediately went down flat to the ground after I realized that the battery was drained. Of course, it's been a week.

I took off to my room and drab my charger before hurrying back in the living room. I reached for the nearest outlet and plugged my device.

"Ohhh, BigHit sure works fast," Jennie unnie muttered as she scans on her Ipad. I jumped straight to where she is to check what she was reading and there I saw an article released by their agency.

"After confirming with our artist, the two were indeed in a relationship in the past but were never intimate. They enjoyed having conversations and sharing the same interest but eventually, their relationship fell apart due to their busy schedules and other personal stuff.

Our artist is very much apologetic for worrying their fans and we humbly ask that our artist be refrained from being linked with the issue moving forward. Thanks for your understanding," Chaeyoung read out loud.

"Wow!" Jennie unnie muttered and I sat on the couch before us. "But how about your relationship? After what Sejeong did, many will think that you and Jungkook are together," she added and I sigh.

To be honest, it doesn't really matter to me. Jungkook once brought the idea of going public but in the state of our careers, I am scared that it will bring negativity to either of our groups. This isn't just about me or us. There are a lot of people involved and I can't risk that.

"Maybe if you guys let me speak, you would know," our manager pouted and the three of us ended up laughing. "YG is also in talks with BigHit about how we will respond about Jungkook and Lisa but for now, YG will release our side of the incident. Of course, minus the confirmation of your relationship as we are still discussing the best course of action for this incident," she informed us and I calmed down a bit

"Thanks, manager-nim," we answered and she rolled her eyes as she tries to tease us.

"When will you guys stop causing an uproar. I really need to ask for an increase," she tattled and Jennie unnie tackled her playfully including Chaeyoung.

"Yah!"

Usually, I'd join in the teasing but I decided otherwise. Instead, I headed back to my phone and turned it on.

I just wave my hand when our manager bid her goodbye.

Once I got the signal back, my phone was blasted with so many messages including my mom's. Biting my lower lip, I started typing a response to my mother to keep her from worrying.

I even saw messages from Sorn, Bam, and the others. But out of all these, the most number of messages came from the person I miss the most - Jungkook.

I backread all of his messages, most of which are asking if I was fine.

Just when I was about to respond, my phone started ringing, his name showing on the screen. Without even thinking, I answered the fucking call, my heart racing and I had to remind myself to calm down.

Me and my fucking hormones.

"Kook..." I whispered, my voice almost hoarse and I pray to God I didn't sound so desperate.

"Cupcake..." he whispered. God, I fucking miss him.

"I'm sorry, they took my phone, our phone, and I don't have anything to try to reach you," I started rambling and my breath almost hitch when I heard him sigh from the other line.

"I miss you, cupcake, so so much. Damn it. Are you okay? Baby, it wasn't mine okay? Sejeong and I, nothing happened bet-"

"I know," I cut him off. It hearts so much that he was stressed about it. "I know baby, don't worry," I assured him and I heard him sigh in relief.

And then he got silent.

A silence that got me scared a little.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked and he wasn't able to respond immediately.

"The company, and yours, they were talking," he started but why do I feel like something wrong is about to happen?

"Lisa...." he sounded uneasy and stressed my heart is starting to ache.

"Tell me..." I told him. Whatever he was having a hard time with, I wanted him to know that he wasn't alone.

And then he dropped it. He dropped the bomb that I wasn't sure how to react with.

"Cupcake, they wanted us to break up..." he stated and it was the last straw that was keeping me together.

"Shut the fuck up,"

Breakup? Fuck them.