15

Yuu followed the group.  He made himself as small as he could be.  Even if the palace halls were absolutely beautiful.  Crystal chandeliers, the ground paved with glass, and cleaned until it was sparkling.  The walls where bejeweled with different jewels.

But surprisingly, it didn't hurt to look at the whole place.  In fact, it was pleasing to the eyes really.

As the group made their way through the halls, he watched as other servants either turned the other way, or simply bowed.

But they never looked up at them, which was strange.  'They must have a lot of power, or something.'  Yuu thought as he watched lowly servants shiver in their presence.

When the ethereal Betas stopped.  Yuu was confused, the two Betas in the front step aside, as a door opened.

Confused he walked forward entering the room, almost immediately blown away.

It was beautiful, in an almost strange and flashy way.   Walking forward, he was surprised when he sensed another presence in the room.

Turning around, he realized that he wasn't the only one inspecting the room, it was Kureto.

Gulping he tried to step away, but he realized Kureto noticed him as well.  "Ah Yuuichirou, I'm glad my Betas treated you well.  You may want to get yourself familiar with them.  You're going to be spending a lot of time with them after all.

Kureto then placed the small golden statue he was inspecting back onto the table.

"What do you mean, I'll be spending a lot of time with them?"  Yuu said, he voice not quavering.  He was trying to get some answers.

Although that attitude quickly deteriorated when Kureto began to walk closer to him, until they were only a few inches apart.

"Poor Yuu.  He doesn't know what he had gotten himself into.  All because he saved some guy on the road.  I appreciate your kindness, but it'll get you killed."

Yuu frowned, but didn't move back.  "Fine."  He said, if he had said anything more than that, he would surely break down.

"Good Yuuichirou.  You'll start your training tomorrow.  What you'll be doing will be a great honor."  He said before reaching forward to brush some hair away from Yuu's face.

Yuu immediately jerked back, not wanting him to touch him.  Kureto frowned, "we'll work on that.  Soon you'll be pleased to take my praises."

Yuu almost threw up at the thought.  He had to get out of there, and quickly too.  They were going to try and break him.  Guren as well, maybe even worse for Guren.

As Kureto walked out of the room, Yuu rushed towards the balcony.  They were at least 5 stories high.

Shaking his head, he checked the door, it was locked.  "God damnit."  He murmured under his breath.  Even if he could escape the room, he wouldn't know where to go and find Guren.

And he didn't know his way out of the palace either.  And even if he did, where would he go?

In order to escape, he would need a plan, a giant one.  But for now, he was going to play it safe.  Doing whatever Kureto says, learning all there is to know about this, before he strikes.

Mika POV——
When the arrived at Kureto's palace, he knew almost immediately.  This rescue mission was going to fail.

They needed more people, he had been blinded by his anger, and wasn't thinking straight.  (Of course you weren't)

"Shinya, we need more people.  There has been some rebels in the area.  We could sur-"

He was cut off by Shinya.

"Are you crazy.  Think about how will that look to the other kingdoms.  I want to save them just as much as you, but this will cause absolutely chaos!"  Shinya said, with fear in his eyes.

"Shinya!  Yuu means more to me than some kingdom's opinions.  And vice versa with you and Guren."  He said scrunching up his brows.

"Come on!   I'm going to get them back.  One way or another.  With or without your help."  Mika said, setting off in the direction of the town.

Shinya frowned, but followed anyway.  Scolding himself for being so selfish.  But Guren meant more to him than anyone else in the world.

And hopefully, soon, a small little someone will come along.  And make him feel that feeling ten times as much.

And that time was soon...

Guren POV——

Guren had been led to a garden by the guards

Guren had been led to a garden by the guards.   Confused onto why he had been left alone.  Guren investigated.

Only back tracking when he saw some flowers that reminded him of Shinya.

He recognized it as a Moon Lilly.  A flower that only blooms at night.

And the first flower he had ever given to Shinya.  Softly smiling, he touched the flower, but something quite remarkable happened.

"Hey!  What the heck are you doing you big brute!  You're going to ruin it!  And all my hard work would be ruined!"  A voice said and Guren turned around.

But the strange thing was, he was alone.  Did he perhaps imagine the tiny voice?

"Hey are you listening, get your dirty hands off that!"