Trial 2 End.

Yuu grew progressively worse as the hours ticked by.  He still didn't remember what had happened, he didn't even remember when they crossed the river.

Call it shock, trauma, or just a hard hit to the head, Yuu was confused towards the events.

All he knew from Chess was that he did something terribly stupid that it risked both of their lives.  In fact, Chess was afraid Yuu wouldn't be able to walk again.

She didn't what she would do if that happened.  Even if he did survive he would never be the same, mentally and physically.

Sighing, she placed a hand on Yuu's forehead, he was burning up.  

An infection.

That was probably one of the worse things to happen to them now.  Yuu needed actually medical attention, not some clumsy girl out in the jungle looking for herbs she can barely know the name of.

'Just a few more days, you can do it Yuu.  Please keep fighting for a few more days!'  She knew this was a lot to ask but she needed him.

'Akane needs him too.  Maybe even more than me.'  She thought as she watched the sleeping male.

He was slumped against the wall, he hadn't moved much the past few days.  The best Chess could do was clean him and keep him hydrated and full.

She didn't even know if the herbs she had been getting were working or not.  'Maybe they are, and that's what keeping him alive.'  Was what she always told herself.

So she kept finding the herbs and giving it to him, even if there was a small ounce of hope. 

But as hours turned to days, Chess also grew sick, with worry and stress.  She was practically alone.

And not only alone, she was alone taking care of a sick person who needed stitches and was sick.

The nights were even tougher.  At night she would stay awake listening to Yuu's breathing.  If there was a pause, she would snap out of her sleep induced trance and turn her attention to Yuu.

She didn't get much sleep, but it was worth it if she didn't let Yuu pass away in the middle of the night.

Just like any day, Chess went out to forage for food.  She was going to her usual berry bush patch which had enough fruit to last them awhile.

Although she wished they could get some protein, but around here that would be dangerous.  And she definitely wasn't going to hunt any rodent like creatures for food.

But if Yuu got worse, and needed the extra strength, then she would gladly do it.

When she came back, she was met with a sight that brought her a shimmer of hope, Yuu was awake and she didn't have to wake him up.

He wasn't moving except for his breathing, but his eyes were moving and they were slowly moving around before they stopped on her.

"Chess?"  He asked with a rough voice. It felt like he had woken up from the longest nap he had ever taken in his entire life.

"Yuu are you hungry?  I brought food."  She said, her clothes acting like a basket to carry the fruit.

He made a soft groan before trying to shift his weight around.  "No, I'm just thirsty, and still tired."  He said whilst closing his eyes.

'Why was he so tired all of a sudden.  Didn't he just wake up?'

Chess nodded, scurrying away to get some water, when she came back, Yuu had his eyes closed still.  He was trembling slightly which caused Chess to become even more worried.

'Is he cold? What should I do?' She thought as she went over to him. Maybe she should take him outside? But then he could become too hot.

Maybe she could cover him with leaves? But leaves don't provide a lot of insulation.

There wasn't much she could do or work with. But hopefully, this nightmare would end. "Please just hang in there Yuu. Just a few more hours." She said, although she wasn't sure when they would be getting out of here.

"Alright. I think I can only last a few more hours." He said tiredly, causing both shock and relief from Chess.

"Don't worry, we'll get out of here. Then you can sleep as much as you want!" She said with fake confidence.

In reality she didn't know if Yuu could make it, or even if he did, would he be ok? His legs were unusable hw would need to heal and have some therapy.

Chess couldn't-

"Attention all omegas, Trial 2 has ended. Please follow the beacon to leave."

The announcement rang throughout the forest, causing animals to go in a sudden panic. But for everyone else, they felt nothing but joy and relief from their suffering.

Yuu had his eyes closed, but he seemed to be slightly smiling. His breathing was also more relaxed. Chess wasted no time slinging Yuu's arm around her neck.

She lifted Yuu up with great struggle, Yuu let out several pained sounds as he was forced to use his legs.  "It's ok Yuu, just put all your weight on me."  She said.

'If I could, I would carry him.'  She thought sadly as they slinked out of the cave.   Yuu's leg was bleeding again, and he seemed to be sweating already.

Looking around in a frantic manner, she spotted the closest beacon to them, and moved in that direction.  Thankfully it wasn't that for, at least for her.

For Yuu, it would probably feel like hours.  She couldn't even imagine that.  "Chess I can't..."   He said, as he looked dangerously pale.

"We're almost there.  We have to make it, I won't leave without you.  Remember Akane, she's waiting for us."  Persuading wasn't her strong suit but he seemed to get it.

When they were finally there, she was dragging Yuu, who's legs were shaking.  He stumbled forward, almost causing both of them to fall.

Thankfully Chess pulled them back with enough momentum.  She paused to steady both of them before they made it to the exit.

It had taken them a good while to get there, so most of everyone was gone.  Everyone except...

"Yuu!"  Akane rushed towards them both.  She didn't know if she should be relieved or if it was too early for that.

"We need to get him to the hospital ward immediately."  She scrunched up her eyebrows, looking Yuu over.  "How did this happen, are those bite marks?" 

Chess herself didn't know what exactly attacked Yuu.  But her bet was on an alligator or crocodile of some sort.   Although both of those reptiles are not usually that big.

With the help of both Chess and Akane, Yuu was pulled down a hallway he wasn't that familiar with.  He could barely map out where he was.  Everything was too bright, too hot just too much for Yuu.

'My legs feel numb.'  He thought to himself as he looked down.  There was a trail of blood that was following him.  Usually he would freak out, but all he wanted was sleep and to rest.  And maybe to never wake up again.

Life would be easier.