22

Yuu immediately looked up at her when he heard that.  He had excepted this night no to go anywhere.  But, he was glad is assumptions were incorrect.

"Yes."  He simply said, and she took a shaky breath.  He knew what she was telling him was probably classified information.  Something she would definitely get in trouble for.

"Alright, I don't know the exact details. But your friend is still in the castle. Or at least, hopefully, his body is." She whispered the last part sadly.

He knew he wasn't supposed to hear about that part, but he couldn't help but ask. Heart already thumping, "what do you mean?"

"It means, I cannot guarantee he's alive." She said slowly, but that sentence was enough to fuel Yuu. Even if it's just a small hope.

"But, there's a chance he may be." He said quickly and she looked at him in shock. She was probably expecting him to be overcome with grief.

Not looking at the bright side of this terrible place. "Yes, there's a chance he may be."  She said.  She looked like she wanted to say something else, but didn't want to crush Yuu's hope.

"Do you know where he is specifically?"  He asked her, as he watched her hesitate.   She looked around,

Once

Twice,

Then she spoke.  "I don't know where he is, but I have a good guess.  But it's only if he's alive, and that will sadly take a stroke of luck."  She whispered sadly.

She continued the conversation in hushed tones.  She went over some places where she thought Guren was being held, although one seemed to be more likely.

"Why would they hold him in a garden?"  He asked worriedly.   There must be something strange with that place.  If Guren was being held there.

"I don't know much, in fact, everyone is restricted to go into that garden.  Other than Kureto and some very high ranking guards.  I've just heard stories..."

Yuu leaned closer, "what stories?"  She closed her eyes for a few seconds before speaking slowly.  Almost like the stories haunted her, and still do today.

"Not everything is as it seems here.  There's a monster in that garden.  Something truly dangerous."  She said, shaking her head.  "And, I've seen it." 

Yuu's eyes widened, Guren was trapped with a monster.  "That means I have to get him!  As soon as possible!"  Yuu hurriedly got started cleaning everything.

"No Yuu, we can't.  Not yet, we're not prepared, we need a specific time frame." She said, before looking at the clock.

She got up, and helped Yuu clean, "I better go before they find out.  Thank you for having me, and I wish you luck."  She said, bowing her head before leaving.

As she left, Yuu finally sat down.  And started to think up a plan.  He needed one to be put into action soon.  With the new hope, he had enough energy and concentration to do so.

He would need to go over this with Akane, that is if she would help.

Akane/Narumi POV————————
After Akane left Yuu's room.  She walked around the castle for a while.   Even though she knew she would most definitely get punished for it.