25

Yuu had read the letter Mika had sent him.  At first he was surprised, annoyed, and then felt other feelings.  He didn't know how to describe it, maybe he was just glad that Mika hadn't totally forgotten and given up on him.

As he was writing back, he decided to be truthful, with himself and what he was feeling.  He was scared, the first trial was near.

And he could die a horrible death too.

When he finally finished the letter, he handed it to Narumi discreetly.  He had begun to trust Narumi a lot more.  And let his guard down around him, he had become a lot more likable to Yuu.

He wasn't sure what he would've done without him and Akane.  So he was thankful to both of them.

As they days began to blur, and his training with both Narumi and Akane became frenzied, it was the day of the first trial.

"Yuu, wake up, it's time."  Akane said shakily.  Yuu nodded, he expected to be woken up early, so he's been going to bed a lot earlier than usual these past weeks.

Yuu got dressed in some clothes, they seemed good enough to do activities in.  Thankfully they didn't restrict his movements.

As Akane allowed him to leave, he looked at his room for one last time

As Akane allowed him to leave, he looked at his room for one last time.  This could've been the last time he slept in this room.

Or even be in this palace.

Take a breath, Yuu left with a heavy heart and a solemn expression.  Almost like he was heading towards a funeral, and I guess you can debate, he was.

As he walked, he felt a tiny bit lighter.  Maybe he was happy he was finally getting over it.

Looking at the palace halls, he remembered a conversation him and Akane had.

Flashback—-

"Hey Akane, what kind of culture does this place have?"  He asked.  He was confused, it was like this place was a blend of cultures from his world.

"Our culture was lost a long time ago Yuu.  She said sadly before continuing, "ever since Kureto's family took over, he's erased everything we've had." 

"You mean, Kureto's family hasn't always ruled this place?"

Akane nodded, "do you think we would've chosen someone as terrible as his family as his leader.  He forcefully took the crown.  In fact, he isn't even from here."

Yuu whispered just in case, "where is he from?"

"From your world Yuu."

Flashback End———

"Yuu before we enter, promise me something."  She said, stopping him from opening the door to the great hall.