The Decision

Waiting in bed and doing nothing was probably the hardest part a out healing for Yuu. He couldn't confront Chess, he couldn't walk around and stretch his legs. They barely even allowed for him to sit up, too afraid he'll pass out again from the amount of blood he lost.

He could barely have visitors either. But he guessed everything that was going on was understandable. The next trial was looming ahead and Yuu was still stuck in a hospital bed.

He needed rest, he wasn't a child anymore. He knew how to sit still and behave correctly. Especially if it would help him in the long run.

After a while of musing, the door finally opened, revealing his usual nurse. Her name was Chihiro, and she had gotten pretty well with Yuu.

She was kind and quite quiet, but Yuu didn't mind it too much. Sometimes he needed the comfortable silence to just relax and think.

"Chihiro, do you think I'll be healed in the time of the trial?" He asked as she was bringing him lunch that was meant for patients. She thought it over before speaking.

"You should still be careful. As advanced our medicine is, you won't be perfectly healed. In fact, if you were in your dimension, you would probably be in a permanent wheelchair. And at the very least have trouble walking."

For once, Yuu was glad to be here and not in his dimension. As much as he hated this place, he was thankfully to be able to walk, especially without help.

He looked over at his plate, everything was mashed and looked disgusting. But was probably full of nutrients to help his body so he hate it. He also had to drink a lot of water as well.

He had lost quite a lot of fluids, so he needed to regain some. 'I need to talk to Akane. There has got to be a way that me and Chess can make it out alive. She's been here for a while, she's seen the many trials. But the third one is always the same, she has to know something.'

"Yuu, would you like more water?" Chihiro had cut him from his thoughts, and shook his head. He was poured another glass of ice cold water and he drank it greedily.

His throat was rough from the lack of water from such an extended amount of time. After he finished, he asked Chihiro if she could do him a favor.

"Could you get Akane here please? The sooner the better." He said, and she simply nodded.

"Alright, if it'll make you feel better. But visitors can only stay for a certain amount of time. So you best get straight to the point with whatever you want to talk to her about." And with that, she left.

Yuu slumped back. His food tray was moved over to the table next to him, so he didn't have to worry about making the bed dirty. As the minutes ticked by, he was going over what he was going to say to her.

He knew this would definitely be a touchy subject. One that she would have trouble talking about. But it was something that they would have to cross eventually.

When the time finally came, he sat up to try to greet her, his leg had been propped up high, so it was a little hard to do so. Akane was immediately at his side, pushing him back down.

Chihiro took the hint, and left, leaving the two of them alone. Akane was the first to speak up. "How are you feeling Yuu? Any better? Do you need anything from your room?"

Yuu answered her questions to make sure she was relieved and comfortable. "I'm alright, and no, I don't need anything right now. But can I just talk to you for a few minutes?"

She nodded and sat down at the chair near the bed. Somehow she knew this would probably be a long talk.

"Akane....do you know anything about the trial? The third one they say is always the same." He was going straight to the point like Chihiro had said. They had limited time and he needed answers.

"I-..................I think I may know something." She said hesitantly, and Yuu stayed silent to listen. Her breathing was slightly heavy, but she continued.

"The trial isn't anything like the other two. It's probably the hardest, it's the one that makes sure no omega survives."

That made sense. There was only a few of them now. But it was surprisingly a good number. This would be the finishing blow that would knock them down.

"And you're right, it's been the same trial, and always at the same place. All I know is that you should hide as if your life depends on it. Because it really does. Don't try to fight either, just save yourself, and be selfish. That's all I ask for you."

Wait a minute....

"Even if Chess is in danger?"

"Didn't she tell you she wants nothing to do with you anymore?"

"How do you know that? Chess certainly didn't tell you and I didn't either. We were alone the entire time."

There was a long uncomfortable silence, before she pleaser case.

"Yuu, it was the right thing to do. If you would see my point-"

"Akane, I'll prove you wrong. Me and Chess will make it out together, and alive. If not both of us, at least one of us. I don't know what you told her, but whatever it was it isn't her fault I'm like this."

Akane stayed silent, biting her lip. She wanted to retort, and say that he was being too unrealistic, but she couldn't stop him. What could she do anyway? He would protect Chess with or without her help. That fact terrified her, she didn't want to watch two people she was close with to die.

Especially now that she had some hope that one of them would come out alive.

"Alright, I'll help you. Just tell me what I need to do."