Trial 1

Yuu tried to silence a whimper that ripped from his throat. He ended up putting too much weight on his leg. 

The darkness was suffocating.  And the pain was unbearable, he hadn't just probably broken a few bones.  He ended up getting a couple of gashes from when he landed on a few rocks.

But now wasn't the time for this, he needed to get a move on.  He knew that those creatures weren't the only ones here.   They needed something just as big  to eat, and he was sure that a couple hundred or so omegas wouldn't satisfy their hunger year round.

As silent as he could be, Yuu scuttled to find a safe place, and maybe a bit higher ground.  He felt like a new creature, scurrying in the dark.  Only letting his 4 senses guide him.  Since his sight was most definitely useless.

———1 hour ago———

"Please file in an orderly line, you will descend down into the cave.  Please be careful whilst doing so, because it's a long fall down."

Yuu shivered a little, as omegas started to get into a line.  A lot of them tried to go behind him, but he wouldn't allow it.

As the disorderly fashioned line started to settle down.  A few of the guards gestured towards the doors, while the rest went behind them.

'Probably making sure none of us run. Understandable.' He thought as they began to enter the line became a little slower.

Sure enough, there was a steep descend. The steps seemed to be made of rock and spiraled straight down. As Yuu entered, he realized just how dark it was.

If it wasn't for the door opened a few steps back, he wouldn't be able to see anything. Sighing he continued to descend.

After a few minutes, he heard the door finally shut, and they were immersed in darkness. A bunch of omegas started to whisper, and a few paused hesitantly.

But they continued, now not as frightened as they realized they weren't alone.

Yuu looked out into the dark abyss with wonder. Usually one would be frightened, but he had never been in a cave like this. Could you blame him for being curious.

Yuu kicked a stray pebble, a good few seconds later, he heard it clatter on tehe ground. 'We're closer to the ground then I thought, but still pretty far up.'

And apparently Yuu wasn't the only one not feeling a sense of danger yet. A few omegas began to chatter loudly. Until the whole line, except Yuu, was talking.

Well talking until they heard a blood curling scream, and a cut off screech of an omega.

That's when everything went down hill.

The omegas began to panic, and almost stampede their way down.

All Yuu knew was whatever that thing was, was that it was big, strong, and could fly. And it wasn't the only one.

Just like the last time, their was a blood curling scream, omegas rushed down the stairs, some crouched down and unintentionally tripping others to their deaths.

Yuu walked down the stairs as quickly and carefully as he could down the stairs. He didn't know anymore if the screaming was coming from the omegas, or the creatures.

A good portion of the omegas were gone in front of him, so he continued until he found the rest of the line.

Until he heard another blood curling scream.

"Move please!" A panicked omega said behind him, he could tell she was near tears.

"I can't, get ahold of yourself! We have to work tog-"

Yuu heard the flap of the wings, and he somehow knew this was it.

"Move!" Yuu was frantically pushed forward, pushing the other omega in front of him.

Before he was suddenly pushed to the side. He didn't know if it was an accident or not.

But he was falling..

Yuu stayed quiet as he fell, just closing his eyes, protecting his head, and waiting for impact. He had fallen backwards so suddenly, he just hoped he wasn't too far up.

When he did land though, he could hear the sudden crack of a few of his bones breaking.

Yuu released a pitiful whimper, but otherwise stayed quiet.

As much as he would love to rest, he needed to get his pitiful body on the move.

Grunting, he sat up, he knew he was bleeding. His back was one of those places, but his ankle was too.

Quickly, he ripped a piece of his hanfu, before tying it around his ankle. Thank god the fabric wasn't strong, or else he would've looked stupid. Well, if anyone could see.

As silent as he could be, Yuu scuttled to find a safe place, and maybe a bit higher ground.  He felt like a new creature, scurrying in the dark.  Only letting his 4 senses guide him.  Since his sight was most definitely useless.

'I just need to find a place to rest for a while. God knows how many days I'll be in here.' He thought to himself. He made sure to crouch down and move around.

Not wanting to draw attention to himself, or open any wounds he didn't even notice yet.

As he continued, the hollers and screams became less frequent. 'Either they had their fill, or they have nothing to much on'

Whatever the case was, Yuu was glad he we heading away from the noises and not towards them.

After about an hours worth of travel, his tiredness had finally gotten to him. Or maybe the adrenaline wore off.

Either way, Yuu needed a break in a not so safe place.

He was practically getting asked to be taken by that creature. Or get killed by some omega.

Although he highly doubted they would seek others out to kill. The way he got these injuries had probably been an accident.

An unfortunate setback indeed.

But, his head had started to pound, until it practically felt like someone was repeatedly beating him over with a wooden plank.

Now on his knees crawling, he stopped when he was near a solid object. Reaching out, he felt the object, already knowing it wasn't alive.

It was stone, but it didn't seem to be a wall of some sort. Maybe a stalagmite. They were in a cave after all.

Settling down, he had his back against the stalagmite, so at least a part of his body was covered. Slowly, he went into a fearful and much needed sleep.

Although, when he woke up, he realized just how fearful caves could be...

Kureto POV—-
"How are the omegas doing?" Kureto asked, pacing around the room. His overseers were keeping track of the omegas, which ones have died, which ones that had successfully descended, where each one was, how many omegas one had killed.

"A good portion of them are left sir. Do you want me to release the Chiroptera's food yet?"

"No, wait a few more minutes, let them think they're safe. How is little Yuu doing?" Kureto asked casually.

"His levels of stability are fine. Which is quite a feat after his fall. His body is slowing down, so he must be sleeping."

Kureto nodded. "When he wakes up, send in the Chiropetera's food. I would love to see his reaction."

"Yes sir."