Trial 2 Cont.

Yuu felt a slight feeling of grim settle over him.  He was always so paranoid when it came to Kureto.  He always thought Kureto was planning something.

Yuu often tried to calm himself down,  but today was different.  He knew for sure Kureto was in control, and he was in control of a big part of this too.

So Yuu did in fact have a reason to be paranoid.   After a while, the omegas finally stopped arriving.  Looking around, he realized he was in a smaller group before.

'Now I can see the real numbers he trimmed.'  Yuu thought sadly. Kureto coughed a little, and walked in front of them.

This time he was standing in his little area, overseeing all of them. He was on the ground with them.

"Is this everybody?" He asked with fake sadness. Yuu slightly rolled his eyes at that, but said nothing.

The guards at the very end of the room behind them nodded, and a few omegas began to murmur.

Kureto raised his hands, and the whispers immediately ceased. "You are all here for the second trial. Although, I wish there were more of you." He paused and looked down sadly.

"But, these trials must go on," he said, raising his head back up. "I applaud, all of you though, for your bravery. Very admirable really, a quality I look for in my future omegan lover."

A few omegas giggled, but other than that, they were silent.

"The door to the far left of you leads towards the second trial. Just like last time, move in a line. Single file please, I hope most of you will come back safely."

The guards went ahead and herded towards the door, before ordering them to stand in a single file line.

Yuu had seen Chess earliers, but he decided against being close to her. Not wanting Kureto to see, or Akane to think anything was up.

He hoped Akane would forgive him and Chess for going against her back and teaching Chess a few things.

Yuu was smushed in between some omegas. But he didn't mind it too much, it was better than being alone.

Once Kureto gave them a signal, the guards open the doors. Yuu snuck a glance over the top of heads, eyes widening.

He was thankful, that this time it wasn't dark. But this time, the terrain looked more dangerous.

It seemed to be some sort of tropical forest. Which he knew for a fact had a lot of dangerous creatures.

And if there were any monsters like last time in the cave. He was screwed. The line began to move, slowly. They were all hesitant with what's to come after all.

Fear grasped him, as he heard some noises ahead. The omegas stopped, he hadn't even entered yet and he was terrified.

After the guards urged them on, they slowly trudged forward. When Yuu finally entered, the first thing he noticed was how humid it was.

The next thing he noticed was how there was a lot more plants which meant the ability to have some food.

That is, if he remembered his plants correctly. He looked behind him, seeing a few more omegas enter, eyes lit up with wonder.

If he wasn't so worried, he would take the time to look around. Everything seemed so green and fertile and bursting with life.

The different shades of green blended perfectly together, and the slight drizzle of rain hitting leaves was calming.

Yuu didn't know exactly where Chess was, but he knew he would find her soon. He knew she wouldn't run off too far without her.

Finally, he heard a familiar sound of a loud door closing.  Sadly, the animals heard as well, sensing a giant disturbance in their ecosystem.

Causing several animals to scurry around and about to find a new hiding place.

A few omegas jumped, some yelped, others watched silently.  Yuu was doing the third option.  If there were small animals here, he definitely had another food source. 

As they continued on, they lost a few omegas who simply strayed away from the group.

Which was understandable, since they didn't need to be together anymore.  Walking quickly, Yuu looked towards the front of the group.

Spotting Chess almost immediately.  Slinking by, he made his way to her, tapping her shoulder gently.  She turned around swiftly, before relaxing herself realizing it was Yuu.

"Should we leave the group?"

"I think we should-"

He was cut off with a loud growl and a shuffle of a few plants ahead of them off to the side.

Everyone immediately froze in fear, they didn't know what to except here.  But from that growl,  it definitely wasn't something good.

"We need to slowly back away.  Keep your body facing forward still."  He whispered into Chess's ear.
They slowly inched backward, keeping their eyes towards the plants.

Almost immediately there was a blur of spots and a scream from one of the omegas and they were viscously mauled.

Everyone shrieked and scattered, Yuu grabbed Chess's arm and yanked her into the forest.  From those few seconds, it seemed to be a jaguar.  But something was off about it, it seemed bigger.

And bloodthirsty.  Yuu didn't know how he could tell, maybe it was the way the jaguar swiftly killed the omega and looked around for more prey.

Or may because this was considered Kureto's domain.  Whatever the reason, Yuu didn't want to find out.

They continued running silently through the forest.  Making sure not to make too much noise through the jungle.

After a while, they trudged silently.  It was a good idea to go find some sort of shelter out here.   Preferably a place near water.

"Are you hungry?"  Yuu asked and Chess nodded.   She had linked arms with him in order to keep up.

'There must be some food somewhere.'  He thought as he tried to remember some plants.

'I'm better with fruits.  I'll look for those instead.'  He thought.  To him, most plants and herbs looked the same.  At least he could somehow distinguish fruits.

"Yuu, what about that?"  Chess asked, as she suddenly stopped walking. 

The omega stopped as well, turning towards where the other was looking. 

They looked to be bananas.  But they all had varying shades of color.  It was beautiful really,  Yuu remembered this plant.  And that it was thankfully safe to eat.

"Alright."  He said as they walked towards the "banana tree".  He didn't realize until now, but the mosquitoes here were killing him.  Maybe the adrenaline was wearing off, and he could finally feel those bloodsuckers.

'I hate getting my blood drained in any shape or form.  Be it it mosquito or a syringe.'  He shuddered a little.

"I'll go grab these, Chess could you go find some mud?  It'll help with the bugs."  He said as Chess nodded and walked off.

'Hope she doesn't go too far.  I'll hurry up so I can find her.'  He thought to himself.

Yuu looked up at the banana tree, seemingly waiting patiently for him to come and pick it's fruits.

'Now how am I supposed to get up there?'  Yuu thought as he sighed.  It would be a long time here.