17

(A/N) This chapter will be slightly dark.  Enjoy~

Yuu POV

"Akane?  That's a nice name."  He simply said.  As he watched the girl clean.  "Akane, will you tell me why I'm here?"  He asked.

The girl paused, her brown hair falling in front of her face.  "You're here for king Kureto.  That's all."  He said before she continued.

"No but, why does Kureto need me?"  And Akane finally looked at him, with a pitiful look.

His heart dropped.

"You really don't know?  You're a contender for his games."  She said, looking anywhere but him.

"What games?"  He asked, he heart starting to beat faster.

"His games on who he picks to marry.  You're not the only omega here, Yuu.  You just have special privileges for whatever reason." 

Yuu immediately stood up.  "I'm not the only one here?  Where are the others?"  He asked.  Maybe they could do an uprising.

"You don't understand, they want to be here, but it's sickening.  They're sickening, willing to do anything for Kureto."  She said shaking her hand." Kureto hosts these games every year."  She said looking at him.

"Every year? Shouldn't he have a bride yet?  Or does he have multiple?"  He asked, saying the last one with disgust.

"No, there's a reason the games are every year."

She slightly paused, as if to catch her breath.

"Because each time he hosts the games.  They all die."  She said the last part quietly.

He stayed silent, eyes widening.  Just was sick universe was he transported to.

"This can't be real."  He said, sitting down shakily.  It just couldn't, he would wake up, and he would be at home.  He would go to work like usual.

He would..

He would..

Akane started to burst out crying.  Covering her face with her hands, shoulders shaking.

"I'm sorry Yuu, there's nothing I can do.  I've seen the process done for years.  Even lost my sister to it."  She said, her face muffled.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."  She said sobbing harder.  But she seemed to not be crying just to him.

Yuu let a few stray tears of his own, wiping them away quickly.  Why was he even crying, his life wasn't anything special.

He was just Yuu.  The grumpy old office guy, no one would need him.  No one would miss him.

His friends would fine comfort in each other, and Mika would find comfort to whoever was here.

The weight of the situation finally relented, when he realized something.

He wasn't afraid to die.

No one would miss him.

So what's the point?

Mika POV——
"Alright, alright we'll talk."  One them said, as Shinya threw him against a wall.

"We're part of a resistance against Kureto.  Everyone here is apart of it.  So if you kill us, they'll be others!"  One of them yelled.

"We aren't going to kill you, so shut up."  Mika said, rolling his eyes.  Shinya had lured both of these two to the ally way.  Where Mika ambushed them.

"We want to join.  In fact, we want to raid the castle.  Kureto stole something precious of mine, and I want it back.  As soon as possible."

The two men slightly trembled, before nodding.  "Alright we'll take you to our leader.  He'll decide."  They said, glaring at them.

"Oh calm down, you weren't beaten up that bad."  Mika said, getting irritated.

Guren POV———-

"It's true, why the hell would I be lying."  She said, buzzing around.

Guren was debating on whether he should just slap her like a fly. 

"Whatever.  Why am I here, you little imp."  He said and she gasped, turning her back towards him.

"I can't believe you would call me one of those uncivilized creatures." 

Guren just let out a huff.  "You still didn't answer my question."  He said.

"You're probably here to help me take care of the flowers.  For the competition.  Which is why I urge you not to touch them."  She said, wings buzzing like a bee.

"Competition?  What competition?"  He asked, and she suddenly whirled back around.

"You mean, you don't know?"  She asked, flying close to his face.

"Of course not, if I did, I wouldn't have asked."  He said, frowning.

"Every year, there's a competition on being the king's bride.  Of course no one wins, and it ends up being an annual bloodshed.  The look on their faces before they die, it's quite entertaining!"  She said laughing hysterically.

Guren knitted his eyebrows together, "competition to be the king's bride why would he-" his eyes widened.

Yuu.

"And I hear there's a prized omega, he's supposed to be exotic or something.  Probably a smug one."  She said, smirking. 

"He's not smug, or exotic.  He's Yuu."  He said, rushing around the garden.  "Let me out!"  He yelled.

He was starting to panic, he and Yuu had to escape this place.

"Hate to break it to you.  But he'll die either way.  You escape, an army will be sent after you.  He goes to the competition, he dies.  Or if some miracle above, and he survives, he'll be trapped in a fate worse than death."  She said darkly.

"After a while you'll get use to it, in fact, I think you'll enjoy it."  She said softly.