The Choice

Yuu gradually awoke. It was a fight he knew he had to win. After he snapped himself out of the hazy feeling and realized that he had people waiting for him, caused him to go throw the hardest thing he's probably ever tried to accomplish.

Waking up.

Several times, he ended up thinking that every single painful thing would stop if he fell asleep forever. He wouldn't have to go through this kind of constant need to survive.

He could simply just let the haziness overpower him. It was an easy solution, one that would end everything abruptly.

But it wasn't the right solution.

People were waiting for him, they were relying on him. They had helped keep him alive for this long, the least he could do was not die from his own hands and just give up.

Slowly, he opened his eyes, the light was blinding and almost made Yuu's head ache.  It was too blurry for him to see, so he couldn't exactly see who was with him in the room.  All he knew was that he wasn't alone.

After groaning a little, the figure finally began to move.  Coming closer to Yuu, he recognized the blue hair.  "Chess?  Is that-"

Yuu was cut off with a loud shush from her.  "Yuu, you need to keep your strength.  Don't waste it on me..."

"What do you mean by that?"

There was a pregnant silence between the two.  Either she was thinking about how to respond, or the response was too hard for her to say.

Finally she opened her mouth to speak.  "Yuu, thanks for getting me through the trial until here.  But I don't need you anymore, especially now that you're injured."  She tried to say it as bluntly and coldly as possible.

She must've did a good job because Yuu stared at her in shock.  "Chess...is this really true?"  He asked, staring straight at her.  His eyes burned slightly at the intense lights in the room.

"Yes.  I just wanted to do you one last favor and tell you this instead of just ignoring you without a reason."  With that, she took her leave.

Leaving a flabbergasted and puzzled Yuu behind.   He shifted his body, groaning a little as he felt a sharp pain in his leg.  Even with advance technology here, he didn't think his leg would ever be the same.  Or even fully healed during the final trial.

But he shouldn't be thinking about that right now.  Right now he should be thinking about Chess.  Although he didn't know the girl for long, being in a life threatening situation together definitely made them closer.

'Chess definitely didn't mean any of that.  Something definitely happened while I was gone.  Big enough to make Chess, one of the most stubborn girls I've ever met, to change her opinion on me so quickly.'

As he was deep in thought, he didn't hear someone else enter the room.  Someone Yuu definitely wouldn't be happy to see. 

"Ah, Yuuichirou.   You're awake, I tried to visit you earlier.  But your friends were quite protective of you."  Snapping his head up, almost causing whiplash, he stared at the amber eyed visitor.

"Kureto, what are you doing here."  He said blandly.  He immediately guessed that the reason Chess was asking weird was because of him.  But he wasn't going to confront Kureto on it, anything but that.

"You know, many omegas would kill to just spend a moment alone with me.  I'm just trying to figure out why you're different.  It interests me."

'Glad to see I'm just a toy to him.'  He thought grumpily before answering in a haughty tone. 

"I'm not interested in Stockholm syndrome, thank you very much."  Kureto didn't seem so surprised at him mouthing him off.

"On a higher note, how are you doing?  When I came in the first time, you were knocked out."  Being brushed off by Kureto irritated the hell out of him.  But he decided not to push his luck anymore.

"I'm alright, I could be worse.  But thankfully it's not too bad."  He mumbled, his jade eyes looking down now.  Kureto took a seat next to his bed, which made him more uncomfortable than he wanted to admit.

"You're friends, do they know you're alright?"

Yuu paused, hesitating to answer, wondering if he should tell that Chess was here earlier.  Something told him he shouldn't say anything.

"No, they haven't visited me yet." He made sure to not answer too quickly or too slowly to give away that he was lying.  Kureto seemed to stare at Yuu for longer than usual, or maybe it felt like that because he was nervous, before he let out a small chuckle.

"Alright.  Well, I just wanted to wish you luck on your final trial.  And I hope you win, you're quite an interesting specimen, I wouldn't mind taking my time to discover your secrets."  With that, Kureto stood up, and left a disgusted omega in his presence.

After shaking off his shivers, he calmed himself down.  His omegan nature rarely appeared, but when it did, it came forcefully.  One thing he noticed here, was that many scents around here were practically muted.

Although in his own dimension, scents were pretty muted but you could at least tell the secondary gender of someone. It was the only thing calming about this place.

He wasn't overwhelmed with scents, which meant he didn't need to constantly compress his omegan nature like at home.

Sighing, he flopped back down. Suddenly exhausted with everything, his energy was quickly depleting. He just wanted to sleep.

And sleep he did...

Akane POV—————
"Did you do it?" She asked, watching the blue haired girl walk pass her before stopping.

"Yes, I made sure that he won't focus anymore of his energy on me. So he'll be alone by the third trial." Chess felt slightly intimidated by the older girl. Although they have many things in common, they have a rocky relationship.

"Good. But I hope you know if it's you who comes out alive, I'll make sure you'll never make it to the next day."

Ah...so it was a lose lose situation for Chess.