24

(A/N when yesterday was your birthday and you've been learning the choreography to ShootOut and almost end up forgetting about Wattpad)

Yuu POV——
"So when exactly will they get me?"  He asked.  When would the end come?  When was the right time to get him out of here.

"If you survive until the end of the trials, there's a ball to announce his new bride.  But it's usually a ball the mourn the dead omegas who failed to survive."  Narumi said, murmuring the last part.

"It always goes back to me having to survive this place.  Doesn't it?  Outliving everyone else, and passing the trials."  Yuu said, but he was really murmuring to himself.

"Do you know what the trials are?"  He asked, not really referring to just one of them.

"They change every year.  So we don't know what they are.  We just know when and how many there are.  There are 3 trials, and you do one for each week during trial month.  You have a few weeks left before the 1st trial."  Akane replied, and Narumi didn't seem disagree.

"Alright, I'll be ready for that.  Tell me, do the classes really help me?"  He asked, and both of them shook their head.

"It's why most omegas don't pass the first trial.  They were taught useless stuff about useless things.  What you need to learn is how to fight.  Stuff I can teach you, well, if you let me that is."  Narumi said, voice shaking a little hesitantly at the end.

He didn't know if Yuu fully trusted him.  He just knew that Yuu wasn't as ready to kick him out of the room, as he was a few minutes ago.

"Alright Narumi.  Teach me, but in secret.  I don't want Kureto to find out."  Yuu said, finally speaking.

The days went by quickly.  Yuu learned things he didn't even know before.  And he worked harder than he ever had, after all, his life was on the line.

"Yuu, you're definitely getting better.  I'm sure whatever they throw at you, you'll survive it."  Narumi said, as he put his sword down.  Yuu had successful blocked all of his hits, even landing a few on the other.

And he was understanding more about this dimension everyday.  Late at night, Akane would have an excuse and bring tea to him, where they would talk about the different herbs, the basics of healing, and surviving.

Yuu was sure if he was on a survival show, he would've surely won.  He's spotted Kureto multiple times in the hallways.  Often stopping Yuu to make small talk.

His classes had gotten a little easier, and he payed a little attention to them.  But not too much, he deemed that most of what he learned there would be unnecessary.

Each night, he would go to bed, with nothing but thoughts of survival in his head.  He just had to out live the others, he shouldn't try to win the competition.

After all, he would leave as soon as he was in the clear.

Mika POV——
They spent their days planning and revising. From big chances, to small. They had memorized the plans, only for them to change it again.

As impatient as he was, he wasn't going to let him get agitated by something like this. He understood now that this plan should be perfect.

As he sat down on the couch, he closed his eyes, to rest.

"Should we tell him?"

"Mika would surely freak out, and get distracted."

"We should tell him, it's 'the love of his life' after all."