Trial 2

The next trial was only a few hours away. Yuu knew he should be asleep., since this trial was definitely earlier than the others.

'Akane would definitely scold me if she could see me now.' He thought, as he shifted his weight onto his side. He was supposed to be sleeping at this moment, but the fact he could very well die the next day was what kept him up.

'Funny, last time I felt like I got a lot more sleep. And was a lot less restless. Or at least I thought so.'

For some reason, he couldn't recall much before the first trial. It's like his mind completely blocked it. He didn't if it was a protective method his brain used, or something was actually wrong with him.

'Just sleep Yuu. Stop thinking and sleep.' He forcefully closed his eyes. Wanting sleep to take him in it's grasps, gently of course.

Thankfully, sleep finally did take him in it's grasps, but where it took him was a shock.

Yuu knew he was dreaming, but he couldn't help but wish that this was real. He was at his old house, just outside from it.

It seemed untouched, like he had just left it. Inside, he somehow knew was warm and welcoming. Walking towards his old door, he shakily reached forward, and turned the knob.

Immediately he was met with shouts of happiness and a warm feeling in his stomach.

"Welcome back Yuu!"

All his friends were there. New and old, he never thought he would be so happy to see Shinoa. 'I know I'm not really back. Just let me pretend, just for a while.' He thought as he closed his eyes and some of his friends rushed over to hug him.

"Yuu-chan!" Yuu immediately snapped his eyes open, looking around to find his small crowd of friends grow bigger, and unfamiliar.

"Mika?" He called out, before he watched in terror as his friend's faces morphed into something only his own messed up brain could conjure up.

"Mika!" He yelled again, ripping himself away from the now cold hands, the nice warm feeling in his stomach was now gone.

He felt like he was drowning, all the bodies seemed to mold into one. He knew he was dreaming, but he was stuck, it was almost like his body wanted him to finished this dream.

'Just wake up!' He urged himself to, almost immediately, his eyes snapped open. He was finally awake.

He was panting a little, it was almost like he had ran a marathon. He was shaky, and sweaty as well, but he was glad he was awake.

He rested his eyes for a few seconds, before he got up and made his way to the shower. Usually Akane would be in the bedroom while he was in the shower, since he slept late enough for her to come.

But it was early in the morning, and he needed to relax his mind and body. He took a simple shower, Akane had given him an extra change of clothes just in case.

He never had to use them until now, he dried himself off, feeling more awake than ever. He got dressed and scampered back to bed.

'I only have a few more hours of sleep. I should take them and use them to my advantage, regardless of a silly nightmare. Time is money after all.' He had been talking to himself a lot lately. Maybe it was to calm himself down since he was alone.

'Hopefully Mika isn't doing anything dumb right now. And hopefully Guren is safe too.'

Time Skip———

Yuu was woken up with a soft shake, and a whisper of his name.  He opened his eyes and groaned slightly.  He was thankful he wasn't too tired, even if he woke up and took a shower.

"Akane is it..." he mumbled, not finishing his sentence, his situation wasn't weighing in completely, so he was still feeling calm.

She nodded and simply pointed to the end of his bed.  His clothes were laying at the end of the bed.  He always wondered how Akane could work so quietly since he was a light sleeper.

He got up and went ahead to get his clothes, Akane stopped him, and pointed to the bathroom.  He frowned, usually if he took a shower in the middle of the night, he would've just put on his clothes in the morning.

(Yes, Yuu has had nightmares before, and woken up)

He grabbed his clothes and trudged over to the bathroom, to take a shower again.  He probably shouldn't be too pouty though.  This could be his last shower.

After he lathered himself up and wash off, he felt a little bit more alert.

He changed into the clothing, thankful that the fabric wasn't to rough on his skin.

When he came out of the bathroom, Akane was patiently waiting for him.  She smiled sadly at him, before they both headed out of his room.

'I shouldn't worry too much.  Worrying is bad in this situation, it messes with your head.  Something I definitely don't need in a situation like this.'

A bunch of other omegas and their maids were walking down the halls as well.  None of them looked excited like before the first trial.

Yuu glanced at Akane who kept her head held high and forward, she was trying to be strong for him.  For that, he was thankful.  He definitely didn't want to see her break down, he wouldn't know what to say or do.

Since he couldn't exactly promise anything.

Looking around the hallway, he realized they were going to the same place to gather, just like the first trial.   Which means that they would all have an unnecessary talk from Kureto.

He groaned slightly, before keeping silent again.  He didn't want to draw attention to himself.  He could tell a bunch of omegas probably knew the danger of the situation.  And would do anything to survive.

And if that was the case, he definitely didn't want to die first.  Finally, they were at the doors, Akane opened them for him, and he was greeted with something different an unsightly.

Kureto, and he seemed to be waiting for all of them.  But what made it worse, was that he was starring directly at him, watching him.

Yuu refused to shift uncomfortably in his gaze, and in turn, stared back.

Kureto smiled.