Feelings

The trial had crept up on them all.  This would be it, they had to survive.  Otherwise all the sacrifices they had made in the many months they had been here, would all be for nothing.

Yuu had been checked out from the hospital ward a few days before the trial. Even though he had been off his legs for a few weeks (not even a month) he had to still go through some therapy.

"Just in case." Both Akane and Chess had told him. If anything, Yuu wanted to scurry around on his own accord. He didn't feel like he needed therapy either. But, he wasn't a doctor. So he shouldn't talk so freely.

Chess had learned even more from Akane. Now she was getting more lessons from the two. Even if the days before the trial seemed happy, there was a small feeling of dread from all of them.

Only one of them would make it out alive. One of them, or both of them, would die on trial three. Kureto only needed one queen, not two. Although unbeknownst to them, they had both made a promise to save each other. It was a big promise, they both knew it, but it was a promise that they both deemed very much needed.

Although Akane couldn't help feel worried for the both of them. With a promise like that, something would be sure to happen. Something that would end up getting one of them hurt, or even worse, killed.

She was nervous, and she didn't like that one bit.

Chess was terrified. She was terrified for both herself and Yuu. She knew none of them was talking about it, but she knew it must be spoken. If one of them, or none of them, didn't come back.

She hoped and prayed that there was somehow a possibility for them both to stay alive. She knew it wasn't possible. But she believed in miracles. Especially now that she needed one.

Narumi was slightly nervous as well. Things were quite erratic at the hq. especially now that Shinya knew that Guren was alive and well. He demanded to carry many messages to them. A lot unnecessary and long enough to have him caught and probably killed.

He just wished everything would be all over. He couldn't take this much stress anymore. Even if he wasn't getting a lot.

Guren was a giant mix of emotions. One, he was ecstatic that Shinya, and Yuu were alright. Yuu was still alive, although he greatly paled when he heard the news about Yuu from Narumi in the second trial.

He hoped the kid's leg was alright. He had known Yuu for a while. Even a little before he worked at the office. He had watched him grow from a bright eyed and bushy tailed kid, to a moody adult who had many problems with the world.

He still couldn't believe that they were both here. That they had been kidnapped, and taken to another dimension for the king's games to find someone to rule with him.

It sounded like a plot to a horrible sci-fi horror movie. But it was oh so very much real. Real enough for Yuu to lose his life.

Mikaela was worried. He was worried for Yuu. Each night, he couldn't sleep, his mind always drifted to Yuu. His guilt for the situation slowly morphed to fear. Yuu could die at any moment, and he wouldn't be able to do anything. He hasn't been able to do anything, the fact that Yuu was alive was pure and utter luck.

Luck that he was thankful existed. He hoped Yuu could forgive him when he came back. Deep down, he still knew that this was his fault. He couldn't believe he couldn't protect him and let him get snatched right from under him like that.

When he heard about Yuu's leg however, he completely froze. He guessed he had forgotten about the fact that that it was definitely still possible for Yuu to get hurt badly. Enough for him to be crippled forever that he may end up wishing he was dead.

He didn't want that for Yuu. He couldn't bare to think of it.  But he didn't want Yuu dead either.

Call him selfish, but he would rather have a crippled Yuu, then no Yuu.

Shinya was tired.  After worrying about Guren and Yuu the whole time, and hearing so much news at once, he still couldn't sleep.

He was so relieved when he heard the news about Guren, that he was alright and unhurt.  But his relief was not very long, as he heard the news about Yuu.

Yuu was hurt, badly hurt.  He knew if he was anywhere else he would either be dead or unable to walk on his own.  This was the one thing that was good about their dimension.  Their technology.

He had seen the way Mikaela had been progressing throughout the few weeks.  He was truly out of it, and it worried him.

He knew Mikaela since he was young.  He knew how courageous and energetic he usually was.  But this wasn't the Mikaela that he knew.

The Mikaela now was quiet and unnerving.  He seemed to never take a rest now.  He could tell, he saw the eye bags progressively growing under his eyes.

He hoped Mikaela and Yuu would be alright.  All though he knew even if they were to escape, they would never be the same.

Not after something like this.

Shusaku was probably the only one who stayed the same the past weeks.  He tried to cheer everyone up, but it was all useless.

He had never meant Yuu, or Guren.  But he knew they were important to the two.  Heck, he hadn't even met Shinya either until the first time they came to him.

He was going over the plan as much as he could.  They couldn't afford mistakes.

Especially not when they were drawing near to the final trial.