In Between

The next day, Yuu was well rested.  Well, as rested as a person who just experienced hell.  As Yuu shifted in his bed, he thought about the events he had experienced just yesterday.

It seemed strange, how he felt completely calm and unbothered.  Maybe later, everything would finally catch up.

After lazing around for a bit, Yuu got up.  A little wobbly, but he was stable.  He walked to the table that was across the room.  There, he took a paper and a pen, and started to write.

He decided he would need to tell Mika he was at least alive.  Later today, he would find Chess and Narumi, but for now he'll write.

Yuu wrote his heart out.  Trying to not make Mika worry too much.  He asked if the plan was coming along.  He didn't want Mika to take the blame too much for this situation.

He wasn't the one who kidnapped Yuu, and dragged him here. 

When he was finished, he folded it up and put it in his sleeve to hide it.  He was wearing his pajamas, he found enough strength last night to wake back up, change and shower once more for good measure.

He waited for Akane to enter, he would eat breakfast, then ask her to leave to find Narumi and Chess.  After a few minutes of waiting, he heard the door open.

And sure enough, Akane came with quite a few steaming hot pancakes.  'They look delicious.'  Yuu thought as he stared at his breakfast.

"Here you go Yuu."  She said, as she placed the tray down.  He didn't realize that she brought him water, milk, and orange juice.

Although what he really needed was some coffee and a smoke.  "Thank you Akane.  I really appreciate it."

He began to eat, slowly enough not to upset his stomach.  Last night he had forgotten about not eating too fast.  Especially when you've been starved and dehydrated for a number of days.

He ended up throwing up most of his meal.  Determined to keep his food down this time, he took tiny bites, and made sure to drink a lot of water.

Once he was finished, he helped Akane clean up.  Although she wanted to argue and have Yuu rest more.  Once the table was clean, he asked Akane to take him out to meet Chess.

"How do you know if she's even going to leave her room Yuu?"  Akane asked.  She was worried that even just walking around the castle would be pushing it for Yuu.

"Don't worry Akane.  If I feel any different, I'll warn you and you can take me back to my room.  You have my word."  He said, and Akane hesitantly nodded.

Akane couldn't help but feel like Yuu had slightly changed.  She didn't know if she liked it or not yet.  All she knew was that he acted a bit more mature, and something else she couldn't quite place her finger on.

Yuu kept his pajamas on, not bothering to change, Akane didn't question him so he deemed it alright. 

"I also want to deliver another letter to Mika."  He whispered to her.

"The afternoon is when Narumi is free and it wouldn't be suspicious for Narumi to walk around the palace."  She replied back.

That would he an ok time for him.  He was free for the full week, and he didn't feel like lying in bed most of the time.  So he had nothing to do.

As he walked around the palace, Yuu realized he really didn't know where to start.  "Akane, do you know where her bedroom would be?"  He asked.

She shook her head, "I don't.  I could maybe ask around a little."  She quickly added.  He smiled at her slightly before speaking.

"No it's ok.  I'll just walk around here.  She's got be around here somewhere."  He said.  A few omegas and their maids walking.

They looked a little shaken still, but he wasn't too surprised.  'If I were Chess, where would I be?'  He asked himself, before pausing.

'I would want to be somewhere quiet, maybe somewhere away from my maid.'  He thought to himself before heading towards a familiar direction.

As he entered the vast room, it was quiet as expected, it was a library after all.   Yuu looked around for awhile.

He had been here before, when he needed a break from training and from thinking.  He never considered himself a book person until now.  Books were the only normal constant around here.  So he relied on it desperately.

As he made it to the back of the library, he spotted someone familiar.  "Chess."  He whispered, Chess flickered her eyes up before stopping and quickly putting her book down.

She rushed towards Yuu and hugged him.  Yuu hugged her back, happy to see her once more.  "You should be resting he said."  Chess pouted before quickly replying back, "you should too." 

Yuu sighed before shaking his head.  "Have you had breakfast yet?"  He asked and she quickly nodded.  "My maid gave it to me.  I asked her to leave the door open and she did.  She doesn't care what I do as long as I don't get in too much trouble." 

Yuu frowned, it seemed like Chess didn't interact with her maid so much.  She didn't have someone to rely on from the very beginning, like Yuu.  Which saddened him even more.

"Make sure to not skip your meals here.  You need to eat and rest up.  You're still young and growing."

"Tell me about it."  She grumbled, before her eyes began to sparkle.  "I still want to know about you and soon-to-be-king Mikaela!" She whispered excitedly.

Akane looked at both of them with wide eyes and he shrugged sheepishly.

"What do you mean? There isn't anything between us. He just crashed at my place for a bit. Nothing happened if that was what you were thinking." Yuu said slowly. He had too keep his cool somehow.

Chess clearly didn't believe him. "You know him enough to talk about him until I fell asleep." She retorted back and Yuu sputtered.

"It doesn't mean anything. It was mostly just me complaining about him. Nothing else."

"I never suggested anything else." She said whilst wiggling her eyebrows.

Yuu was, to say for the very least, embarrassed.

Akane on the other hand was extremely intrigued. He knew Yuu and Mika knew each other. But she didn't know they had been close close.

"No go on Yuu. I want to hear as well." She said happily, for all she knew, she could be talking to the future Queen of their neighboring kingdom.

Yuu sighed and rubbed his temples. "I thought I was supposed to be relaxed." He complained. The two girls looked at each other before shaking their heads playfully.

"No way, not when you have a story to tell." Chess said quickly and Akane continued on.

"I've read all the romance books here twice over. I need new material."

Yuu shook his head before sighing, "you guys will be the death of me."

They both giggled. It was a start of an unlikely friendship. 'At least Shinoa isn't here.'

Poor Yuu.