Between

(A/N I'll be on vacation all of next week so I'll sadly won't be able to update anything.  I had forgotten so I would like to apologize)

Yuu felt like he was floating. He felt relaxed, and safe, it was the best feeling. Especially with what the few weeks had been.

But somehow, something didn't seem right, like he wasn't supposed to be here right now. Or he was needed elsewhere. It was an inexplicable feeling, that Yuu tried so badly to ignore.

'Why am I not content. I couldn't possibly be comfortable with what I've been experiencing.'

As Yuu was experiencing his inner turmoil, Akane and Chess were waiting patiently by his side. Both worried beyond belief.

"This was my fault. He was trying to protect me, he saw something and put himself in front of me. If anything, I should be the one in this hospital bed."

Akane stayed silent. She couldn't help feel guilty, she had been thinking the same thing. But she knew it wasn't Chess's fault. None of this was her fault, the only one to blame was-

"How's my favorite little omega doing?" Chess immediately stilled whilst Akane stayed silent. Taking a small breath she answered, "he's knocked out. The doctor said he may be asleep for a long time since he needs the energy."

Kureto sat down in a vacant seat. "You may leave, I have feeling he'll wake up." He had dismissed them carelessly. It had made both of the girl's blood boil, the disrespect.

"With all do respect, I'm his servant. I should be here especially when he's in such a terrible situation when he most definitely needs help." She chose her words carefully before continuing for Chess.

"And Chess was would like to apologize to her savior. Since he did save her from whatever beast was in the water."

Kureto stared patiently as Akane finally calmed down. The beta was trying her best to control her scent in front of an alpha to not raise aggression. But he could tell she was growing annoyed as time passed.

"Alright. I'll visit later, I know how much he means to you guys and vice versa. It would be a shame if anything were to happen to you two."

With that, he had left as quickly and unexpectedly he had entered. But the words he had uttered reverberated between the two.

"You should be careful for now on. This is why I didn't want him hanging around you. You do know what's supposed to happen during the third trial? Only one omega is supposed to emerge, be it unhurt or not. Since he already saved your life, it's time to return the favor. You know what you have to do, it's best to do it as soon as possible instead of leading him on."

Chess was rigid and silent. She felt her eyes water as realization dawned in front of her. Akane was right, she was playing buddy buddy with someone who was supposed to be her enemy.

"You're a good girl really. Maybe in different circumstances we could've been friends." Akane stood up and left, leaving a broken Chess in her wake.

As cold as Akane's words were, she knew they were true. True as they could possibly come. She had to leave Yuu or he could be hurt. It was a cruel choice, but the circumstances were even crueler.

'I'm so dumb. I shouldn't have ever approached or talked to you. I've caused so much trouble for you.'

She let out her tears finally as she grieved silently. After what felt like hours, she fell asleep by Yuu's bedside.

She had planned everything out and how she was going to approach him, and how she was going to end everything once and for all.

————Mika POV
Mikaela had read Yuu's letter to him over and over every night.  He spent his days pacing around the room.  Narumi had given the news that Yuu was alive, but badly hurt.