[02] cherry lipbalm

*:・゚✧

"jeongguk, hurry up!"

"okay, okay!" jeongguk half-shouted, taking one last look of himself in the mirror just beside his bedroom door.

he applied another thin layer of his favourite cherry flavoured lipbalm, smiling at himself out of satisfaction with how he looked. he'd always been the type to make sure he looked his best during first meets- cause first impressions are somehow important.

after a few more seconds of fixing his soft black hair, jeongguk finally walked out of his room to the comfortable dining area of the spacious apartment.

there, he saw somin's backside, she was wearing an expensive looking red off-shoulder top with tight white jeans which complimented her thin yet toned legs perfectly.

somin was still busy with preparing the dining table with much effort. jeongguk shook his head, walking towards her side. she'd been preparing the table setting for like, almost two hours already.

jeongguk then took a few moments to analyse the already perfect table setting. there was a appetising-looking apple pie layed in the middle of the table.

"please, somin. everything looks perfect already."

somin let out a little 'hush' towards jeongguk, continuing to rearrange the new set of lavish-looking plates that sat elegantly on the glass table.

jeongguk shook his head again, heading to the kitchen to have his daily supply of banana milk. he happily drank it, checking the notifications on his phone and scrolling through twitter for a quick teatime. meanwhile somin kept going back and forth to their kitchen and dining area, carrying some stuff.

jeongguk can definitely see why she was so over-preparing for this little get-to-know-each-other section between him and her boyfriend. it was mainly because she rarely ever dated, and her last breakup was a terrible one, that it made her stop seeing anyone for almost 3 years.

after that happened, it somehow made somin becoming such a successful workaholic as she put her full focus and energy on her work and has grown to feel genuinely commited to it. she was working in the entertainment industry, as chief camera operator in one of the most popular broadcasting companies in korea, SBS.

jeongguk was, of course, had always been grateful for his sister's existence, knowing how much she cared for him, and never stopped trying her best to provide them a stable, happy living.

it had always been the two of them together for a few years now. their parents lived far away and were doing well. they do visit them from time to time, but not so often.

growing up in the smaller part of Busan, their family weren't so well off, so somin had taken the responsibility to care for jeongguk as much as she could. she worked hard and she was great at what she was doing.

even so, jeongguk felt like her sister was a bit lonely- well she always either went out with her friends or hung out with him on her free days. plus, her line of work mainly consisted of social interactions- so her social life was great.

it's just that she really needed someone to light up her busy work lifestyle, someone to love and care for her- or at least that's what jeongguk think. so, he was delighted that she was finally trying to date again, after so long.

the only thing he didn't get at all was just the fact that she already wanted to introduce him to her apparently new boyfriend, whom she just start dated 2 weeks ago. he felt like it was just way too sudden, especially when somin had never been the type to let someone in her space so easily.