[33] one call away

heyya i'm back, sorry for the long wait x

*:・✧

days passed by almost too quickly since the jeon siblings had the deadly conversation that almost expose jeongguk's biggest secret yet, to the victim of his betrayal herself.

somin was cool about it and acted like nothing happened, she continued to care for him like she always did, never failed to ask the boy for updates about his issue with aggressive outburst that happened days ago, checking on him.

maybe she wasn't acting like everything was okay, and instead she was unbothered by it. probably because she didn't think there was more to it, like there was nothing suspicious that jeongguk was trying to hide from her.

this wasn't cool for jeongguk, he couldn't sit still without thinking about the possibility of somin had known everything all this time but decided to wait for his confession, and was waiting for him to break it all down, when he reached his limits.

jeongguk knew somin was the type to watch a hidden truth revealing itself rather than straight up confronting about it even if she had an evidence to back up her accusations.
it was scary to jeongguk the way she had been keeping her cool if she had known.

"what's on your mind?"

jeongguk looked up from his untouched food, a little surprised by the sudden intrusion as he was so lost in a bundle of tangled thoughts, "what?" voice lacing with annoyance, the question impulsively escaped his lips though he heard every word the intruder had said.

"what are you thinking about?"

jeongguk looked away, "none of your business." he muttered lowly, picking up the metal fork and brutally stabbed his pasta, only once.

a  hearty chuckle left the older's lips, as he sat down across from jeongguk whose glum expression was getting increasingly obvious, "just an advice, i think you should start talking more about your feelings instead of bottling stuffs up inside." bogum calmly said, every word muttered so nonchalantly though his eyes were glinting with sincerity.

actor thingy, jeongguk mentally noted. he scoffed, "why are you telling me this?" he rose an eyebrow, earning a grin from the older.

"you look like you might need it." bogum replied simply. "so what's up?" he leaned his chin on his palm, elbow pressed against the surface of the table, supporting his arm up.

jeongguk shook his head, meddling with his pasta without any intention to take his first bite of somin's cooking specially made for him — you see, she was loving and caring towards him. "i'll get through it by myself anyway, so i don't see the point of telling you anything at all." he said.

bogum hummed, chewing on his bottom lip. "ugh, you're such an edgy emo kid." he snickered, rolling his eyes at the boy.

jeongguk ignored the snarky remark as it wasn't enough to test him. he just wanted to be alone at the moment but at the same time he hoped for a loud, talkative person to be around to annoy him so he would stop thinking so hard about the things that needed to to think of.

"i have something for you." bogum piped up, hand reaching down to the front pocket of his backpack. he took out a bottle of banana milk and proudly placed it on the table, pushing the small bottle closer towards jeongguk's lonely fingers until it lightly touched the tip of the boy's fingers.