[38] our love

the votes & comments really do be keeping me going doe

☁︎·̩͙✧

after the whole thing that went down,
jeongguk texted taehyung saying that 'everything went okay' and wishing him a simple good night before deciding to put his phone on do not disturb mode.

he turned off all the lights in his room and lied down in his bed, letting the moonlight playing the role of being his only light in the tranquil yet blaring darkness.

he needed some time to calm down and really take a good, close look at things that was happening in his life at the moment and seeing things the way they are and not as what he pictured in his mind.

of course, the thought of taehyung was the first thing that came up.

clearing things up with somin helped a lot, really. he felt like an enormous amount of weight has been lifted off his shoulders. he could think of taehyung freely as he could without any guilty feelings and he could definitely move forward with the man to go on to their next step.

of course, jeongguk still had doubts if this was gonna work easily, this whole dating freely thing.

but since he kinda received somin's 'blessings' earlier, to do whatever he wanted with taehyung, he knew he should go for it.

to him, it didn't matter what others would think or say anymore cause all he needed to really figure it out his 'relationship' with taehyung was somin's 'approval'.

even if she didn't 'approve' it, jeongguk would've still kept in touch with taehyung anyway— that's how much he needed taehyung. if this was the case, they would have to be secretive like they had been doing for months. jeongguk would probably be seeing taehyung in secret.

since that wasn't what happened, jeongguk was practically free to decide what was next without anything pulling him back anymore.
that just put his heart and mind at ease as he thought of the possibilities of him and taehyung to connect in a deeper level and in much more passionate way, no bridges.

simply put, there was nothing anyone could do to separate taehyung and jeongguk from one another no matter what happens.

other than that, he felt bad for somin, who looked somewhat broken as days passed by yet still managed to function normally as she always does at work.

barely anyone had noticed that she wasn't exactly fine except for jeongguk since he was the only one who was exposed to her being  free of any working responsibilities, at home.

jeongguk knew the cause of this was mostly likely the thing that happened among the three of them. it was such a vulnerable position for her to be in, jeongguk thought.

he couldn't imagine putting himself in her shoes, he'd be so fucked up and turned the world upside down.

jeongguk took a deep breath, staring up to the ceiling and then succeeded to wash away other feelings than the ones that kept him feeling content for now.

he couldn't help but smile dumbly to himself, probably imagining some scenarios that involved him doing cheesy, dirty things with taehyung.

he didn't check his phone because he knew taehyung would've already replied to his texts and he wasn't fully ready to tell him the whole story, and too shy to face him for some reason.