[36] smokes of emptiness

<3 HAPPY KOOKOO DAY <3
(+ dynamite reached #1 on the billboard hot 100 aaa 🍾🥂)

☁︎·̩͙✧

the street was fairly quiet and somber-looking. the starless night sky looked darker than it did if there were tiny specks decorating it, very much contrary to the feelings that taehyung was internally experiencing, he was lighted up.

they walked down the street and passed a few small shops with bold, obnoxious neon signs hanging above their heads.

there was something about the way the mellow streetlights shone on jeongguk's exquisite features that just made taehyung incapable of taking his eyes off the boy.

taehyung watched jeongguk in adoration as the latter hungrily plunged one of the many spicy chicken feet into his mouth, ripping off the chewy meat with his bunny teeth.

the pretty boy was very much savouring the burning sensation spreading on his tongue from the spiciness mixed with the pleasing texture of the tendons. he almost forgot how good the dish had always tasted.

jeongguk was completely oblivious to the older's stare until he was about to move on to his next chicken foot, when he decided to look up.

feeling small and embarrassed, jeongguk mumbled a "what?"

taehyung plainly gave him a playful smile as he reached for a chicken foot in the middle of the table with a gloved hand, "it's just amusing to watch you being that engrossed in doing something again." he simply answered.

having barely any clear memory of eating chicken feet, taehyung copied the way jeongguk had eaten his first chicken foot of the night.

from the way the boy was looking eagerly at him, he was anticipating taehyung's reaction to the tasty delight.

taehyung noticed this and exaggeratedly hummed in satisfaction the second he bit the meat without actually chewing it yet.

in a blink, the enthusiasm was wiped off jeongguk's face as the boy rolled his eyes, "you didn't even properly taste it!" he huffed out in annoyance.

taehyung quickly shook his head, "i did! this is actually really good, wow." he couldn't held in the giggles that threatened to escape since jeongguk was now pouting.

the boy giggled along, but then stopped after a few seconds, "oh wait,"

"hm?"

"you said 'again', so when was the the last time you've seen me so engrossed in something?"

the way a smirk lightly crept onto the older's attractive lips told him that the answer he'll get would be either so random or unexpected, perhaps both.
he needed to hear it.

seeing jeongguk's innocent eyes racking over his face for an answer, taehyung's smirk turned bigger and mischievous-looking,
"you sure you wanna know?" he asked, neatly placing down the chicken bones on an empty plate.

"i need to, taehyung, or else i won't be able to fall asleep tonight thinking about it." jeongguk stressed at the end. "now tell me." he whined demandingly.